21. Todo Carinho.

May 2014

May 2014

It hurt. Josie had not thought it would hurt this badly. Marcela had told her it would be painful, but if it felt like this, why did her sister have multiple? The three massive flowers down her back must have been absolutely horrible to tattoo. The simple fact that Marcela had so many, was reason enough for Josie to keep her shit together while she was sat in that tattoo chair, her hand in the tattoo artist's while he tattooed a M in the crook between her thumb and index finger. Marcela had gone first, grinning down at the letter that was permanently drawn into the same part of her body as Josie was getting hers right now.

Josie's 16th birthday had been amazing so far. Her father and Marcela had come up to her room with a black coffee and some pancakes with cream and strawberry, singing Parabéns a Você to her. Lottie had already gone to work and would come home early to make Josie's favourite thing in the entire world - Pão de queijo – and then celebrate the rest of the day with her daughter. However, so far Marcela had taken her shopping and bought her another coffee at Costa before the two of them went to their first ever tattoo appointment together.

She looked down at the ink that was being drawn onto her hand and found it so fascinating that she was being permanently inked. The M that was being drawn onto her hand would never go away, it would always be a part of her and there was something so incredibly wonderful about that. Even though it fucking hurt. The tattoo artist finally pulled away and Josie felt like she could breathe again.

"Done," he said, giving Josie a smile.

Marcela squealed and took Josie's hand after the tattoo artist had cleaned and putting some cling film over Josie's hand. She smiled down at Josie's hand and out the two next to one another, her smile growing even wider.

"That looks so good on you," Marcela said, not able to take her eyes off of her sister's firs tattoo.

"You like it?" Josie asked and though it had been her sister's idea to get this tattoo, it had still been Josie who had pushed for her to do the tattoo with her on Josie's birthday. Her sister's approval meant the entire world to her.