Chapter 3

Friends?

Sophie would describe waking up under Callas tree as the most calming experience she's had in the last couple of days. Or It would have been calming had her goblin bodyguard not been standing over her look about ready to murder the next thing in sight.

"So, you can just leave the house without even letting me know now?"  Sandors squeaky voice rang through the air as Sophie rolled over.

She was now laying on her side looking as if she could fall back asleep any second, and under these circumstances she probably could.  That is until she notices the other figures glowing under the beaming sun. She had always wondered why she'd never met a sunburn elf. Probably another mystery she would never get the answer to.

Grady looked still as he stood about 40ft away. Edaline on the other hand visibly wanted to attack Sophie, or comfort her. Honestly it's hard to tell.

Frankly, Sophie thought this was all ridiculous. It's not like  she left the property. Heck, she could see the house. Plus, she didn't exactly have a choice. Of course she could have stayed in her room all night, but that would also result in her staying up all night and she was exactly sure that would help.

She rolled her eyes in her true Sophie fashion, trying eagerly not to cast a witty remark,  maybe she really had been spending too much time with Keefe.

"I'm sorry," Sophie muttered trying not to meet anyone's eyes, she held her gaze with a randomly selected tree off in the distance as Sandor talked. Truthfully she wasn't listening, not to a word of it, everything slipped from her mind as she tried not to think about yesterday.

She didn't want to think about the way Fitzs looked as he shattered her heart, or the way his voice held little remorse as he let the words out as if he'd wanted to say them forever just now getting the chance, or how he seemed to visibly relax when he officially ended it as if she was just a weight on his shoulders, and like that, she was crying.

Edaline immediately rushed forward all traces of anger vanished as she watched a single tear slide down Sophie's face. She quickly swept Sophie into a bear hug wrapping her arms securely around her waist. Sophie cried silently into Edalines dress as they held each other.

"He broke up with me," Sophie stuttered suddenly, feeling like a child.

She didn't mean to be this emotional. Well obviously, no one really intends for this to happen. But come on, it's not like she was dying, or like someone else died. She had just been broken up with and she knew it shouldn't be the end of the world. Much worse things were going on she reminded herself. You gave yourself a night and now have to get back to work, she scolded herself for taking a mental break.

Sophie took a deep breath blinking away her tears, she was the moonlark, not just some silly girl, she couldn't dwell over silly boys. She had lives to save. Well she's pretty sure she does, there's still a lot more about this moonlark thing she had to figure out. Regardless this was the last time she would let herself get distracted by Fitz, well by anyone for that matter.

She hesitated before pulling away from Edaline giving her gantal smile, Edaline smiled back before dropping her arms to her side.

She looked over to see Grady and Sandor staring at them, Grady looked upset like he wanted to speak but wasn't quite sure what to say while Sandor almost looked apologetic, though she couldn't see why. It wasn't his fault she decided to have an emotional breakdown first thing in the morning. Not that she really decided but still.

She blushed a little, feeling embarrassed by the three sets of eyes that seemed to be asking a million questions all angled at her. She decided already that she didn't want this taking up anymore of her time. Therefore, she wasn't gonna sit here discussing it.

Without saying a word she stalked off towards the house ready to get back to what's really important. Upon entering she wasn't certain what she should do next. She could always call Dex to see what he was working on, hopefully something that would be useful against the Neverseen. He could schedule a meeting with Forkle and insist upon changing tactics again, make him see what she saw, not that it ever worked.

Tam was another option. He'd always been up to something with the black swan, that or on his own I guess you never really do know with Tam.

It took Sophie around 10 seconds to get from the front door to the middle of her room, she didn't even feel her feet race up the steps barely skimming the ground as she sprinted into her room. Her hair was warped around her face as she whipped her head in every direction looking for her imparter.

If she was being honest she wasn't sure if she was so excited to get to work or if it was to get a distraction. Either way she was way more eager to talk to Tam then she probably should be, not that that was gonna stop her.

Once she saw it she practically dove for it, she almost forgot how to use it just about ready to try and dial a number when she remembered she wasn't exactly in the Forbidden Cites, it was little slip ups like that the bugged Sopohie the most, made her want to fit in more.

She sighed, setting down the imparter before taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. She couldn't clearly remember the last time she had really spoken to Tam but she was hoping that it  wouldn't be awkward.

It wouldn't be right? She asked herself again. I mean we're still friends? She couldn't help but sense her own doubt at the statement. It was true, her and Tam hadn't truly talked in months, the last time she hung out with him was ... She couldn't recall an actual time they were in the same room and weren't fighting for their lives, wow what a great way to bond.

She carefully ran her finger tips over the smooth surface of the small cube debating whether to actually call him. She could always Call Keefe adhave him hang out with her, or Dex, Biana might be free as well. Sophie knew that none of them would be necessarily into anything the blackswan was into at the moment. Well maybe Dex but that's not a clear shot.

Well neither is Tam, her brain oh so kindly reminded her. She knew that wasn't necessarily true, Tam had just gotten back from the Neverseen, he'd even brought back someone who was known as a faithful member. There is no possible way Tam wasn't in on something.

"Call Tam Song,"

AN- you all might be a little confused, so pretty much it's set right after Legacy but as if the whole thing with Keefe didn't happen.
anyways
I don't like this chapter but have fun? i hope you like it!