Chapter 5: The Escape

Gwynedd POV

"Gwynedd where have you been? We've been worried sick." My mom says as I walk through the door.

"There have been kids reported missing all day long and we were afraid that we would have to report you as well." Oh no. I look at the tv and look to see all the people missing hoping not to see anyone I know and then I see Tominaga Yashushi. I immediately run to my room and text the group chat. 

"The government seems to be saying these kids are missing." -Gwyn

"We need to meet up soon before more of us are taken."- Lcyus

"It'll have to be tomorrow or later Perseus is stuck in government meetings all day today maybe he can tell us something"- Hera

They all agreed to meet tomorrow. 

"Gwyn, please come down the government is here." My mom said sounding concerned. My family wasn't dumb we all knew the government was behind everything going on. But we refused to say it out loud. I quickly hid my phone and came downstairs to be greeted by my house full of government goons. I recognized one of them and realized it was Tomi. He looked as if he was brainwashed. 

"Sit down please we need to run some tests. Please cooperate and this should go smoothly." The main one said I sat down and prepared myself for whatever was about to happen.

"Why is this happening? We make sure we update every week if anything happened, we follow the rules so why is this happening?" My mom asked worriedly.

"Ma'am please calm down. There has been a sudden chemical in only a select few teens. This is all that I can tell you." Shit! The lake the fucking lake. I look at Tomi to see he's looking at me trying to tell me something. He raises his eyebrows and looks towards the door. Duh. He's trying to tell me-

All of a sudden the lights go out and all I can remember before blacking out is someone picking me up and running like crazy.