✩ Chapter 38 - Blackout ✩

(A/N: hey guys! Just a quick note. as requested, a friend of mine has suggested an idea to me which I think would be quite fitting and would make you guys happy too... I have decided that Sirius will NOT die in this chapter/fanfic as obviously he's a king and we don't want that for him so please keep this in mind when reading. Thank you, enjoy!)

"Department of Mysterious? They got that right" Ron says out of breath. A small smile forms on my face as I try to hide it but I couldn't, even in a serious moment he still had to make a joke. We look forward to see an archway on top of a big rock.

"The voices, can you tell what they're saying?" Harry questions.

"There aren't any voices Harry, let's get out of here" I say as I start to look around for an exit.

"I hear them too" Luna speaks up as she looks forward to it.

"Harry, it's just an empty archway" Hermione says back. We continue to stare at it as we get a little creeped out.

"Please Harry" Caitlin whines as we hear a loud noise.

"GET BEHIND ME" Harry orders as we do, raising our wands to the air. Black smoke covers us as I feel something picking me up and wizzing me around. It stops as I stand with a wand to my throat as a Death Eater grips onto me. I gulped. I looked around not moving my head to see everyone apart from Harry was grabbed. 'We're fucked' is all I rethink in my mind. Harry's gets up from the ground at looks around at us. Mr. Malfoy comes from behind a rock and in front of Harry, chuckling.

"Did you actually believe? Were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?" He spat looking around. The grip onto my hair got tighter as the wand around my neck pushed into me more, making me wand to bat it off.

"I'll make this... simple, for you Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends, die." He carries on as his hand is out in front of Harry. Harry looks around.

"Don't give it to him Harry" Neville exclaims from the other side of the room. Bellatrix shuts him up. Harry doubtfully looks down to the prophecy and back up to Lucius. His hand slowly starts to reach up to Lucius as he places it into his hand.

Lucius holds it up proud and smugly, he got what he wanted. I sigh quickly to myself, but stop when I see a bright light emitting in front of me. I watch as Sirius Black walks behind Lucius with a strut in his walk.

"Get away from my grandson" he simply says as he lays a massive uppercut onto Mr. Malfoy who stumbles back. More lights shoots from the air as they take out the Death Eaters behind the others and me. I hear a shattering of glass as I look over to Lucius who lays stretched out on the floor as a puff of smoke emits from the now broken prophecy. I look to my left to see Caitlin was ok and looking forward as I did so too.

Nymphadora Tonks, stood only a couple of metres away from me and some others who were with the Ministry, including Madeye and Lupin, our previous D.A.D.A teachers. I feel a tap on my shoulder as I see my mother and father behind me. I smile brightly at them as I give them a quick hug.

"Why in the hell are you here? You should be in school!" My mum exclaims as she holds onto me tight. Seriously mum?

"Mum, this is not the right time to be talking about this-"

"Yes alright, Simon, get to Caitlin now" she cuts me off as my dad moves to Caitlin and my mum brings me down to the ground. We start to move around as we both shoot spells around the room, causing rock and fire to fly everywhere. I cover my mum as she covers me.

"Quickly go, I have your back." My mother tells me as she pushes me behind a rock. I look over to my dad as he does the same with Caitlin. She ducks as a green light emits closer to my father, but he doesn't duck. The green light hits him as he stands still for a moment before falling back. He had be killed... I let out a petrifying scream as I move past the others and stumble over to my dads body.  Years filled my eyes as I struggle to walk straight. I get to my dad as I scream in agony.

"NO- D-DAD NO, PLE-PLEASE WAKE UP- NOOO" I stumble out my words as I grab onto his shoulders trying to wake him up. A Death Eater appears from the side of me as it shoots a spell, I block it off quickly as I stand up and point my wand towards him. I was mad, my father was dead. I wanted to kill whoever was responsible and I didn't care. I start to shoot a spell at them till it hits me first and all I see is black, knocking me back beside my dads body.

* A while later *

• Draco's POV: •

It had been HOURS, and they still weren't back. I started to pace outside the Common Room in anxiousness. Suddenly I hear someone running as I turn around and I'm met with the eyes of Caitlin, she pants as she stumbles in the room.

"Where the hell is Jade-"

"You need to come with me, right now" Caitlin says as she drags me out. I run with her which seems like forever till we get to the hospital wing.

Caitlin stops running and speed walks in as I stand back, why was I possibly going into the Hospital Wing? What was going on? I walk over to where Caitlin stood as I walk closer to see someone lying on the bed. I look past her to see the person I was dreading to see the most. She was lying there, with cuts and bruises on her fragile body as she looked at peace... I step closer facing opposite the nurse as she was pouring liquids, placing a cloth onto her head and wiping the blood off her porcelain face. I started to shed tears as I looked over to Jade. I sat on the chair next to her bed as I caressed her cold hand.

"What- happened?" I choked out, I felt Caitlin's hand place onto my shoulder as I hear her take a deep breathe.

"She was battling a Death Eater till it hit her with a spell causing her to become unconscious. She'll physically be ok but emotionally? I don't think so" she stumbles on her words as she lets out faint cries. I stand duo letting go of Jade's hand as I turn to Caitlin as her eyes pool with tears. She sniffles a couple of times.

"Her dad was protecting me, but he wasn't able to protect himself... he got killed, right in front of her." She cried out in pain...

Jade's father was dead, she couldn't save him. I felt very emotional as I brought Caitlin into a tight hug.

"She's going to hate me, it's all my fault" she cried out repeatedly. I stroked the back of her head as I tried to comfort her.

"She will never hate you, you're her best friend... it's not your fault it'll be ok" I kept reassuring her. Caitlin pulled away and looked over to Jade as I did so too. I wish she didn't have to go...

"She won't be awake for a while Mr. Malfoy. It'd probably be best if you came back in the morning" the nurse says as she looks over to me.

"I'm going to wait here till she wakes up, no matter how long it takes..." I trial off as I take my seat again and her hand in mine. The nurse simply nods and walks away.

"Cait I'll stay here, you should go and get cleaned up. I'll let you know as soon as she wakes up" I say while glancing back at her. Caitlin nods as she moves to the side of me leaning over Jade and placing a kiss onto her head.

"I love you Jade, please wake up soon" she whispers as she moves away. She thanks me as she walks out the Hospital Wing. I look over at Jade's unconscious body lying still on the bed as her chest rises up and down at a steady pace.

"I love you, and I'll never leave your side again Jade, Ever. I'm sorry."