𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 ── 𝗮 𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗮𝗱𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘀

i read a oneshot and i have some things to say.

for context to understand what i'm gonna say: it was a character × reader and they're penpals. character lives in japan whereas reader lives wherever they lived (i.e. america, philippines, etc.) it's been 2 months since the reader has last sent a letter to character, and character later found out - through national tv - that the place reader lives in got burned and that reader died there.

so here's what i noticed: a news about a specific place in whatever country being burned down and a single inhabitant died from the fire? that's pretty baffling to me.

i don't think a country would bother reporting some event that happened in another country unless it's necessary.

i listen to news from time to time and i'm (not-so) confident to say that i barely hear news from anything outside of the country i live in. the last time i heard international news was the recent american presidency just a month ago and the vaccination in britain but that's it! i don't know what else is happening there.

so a single victim of an incident in a specific place in whatever country is pitched for international news? that's kinda exaggerating..

but then again, this is how george floyd's death went like and it went international.

but the incident in the oneshot is more of a minor-ish thing, like it's nothing too big. it could work for local news, and possibly national news if the incident (fire) moves in a rapid rate that could affect a certain amount of area - at least that's what i mostly see in national news here.

so how to avoid that in your story? i suggest that the news should be beneficial for both countries.

for example, a character goes abroad from philippines to america to work. then an event like the presidential election occured that will most likely be pitched internationally and it would be beneficial for both countries - something along like that.

but do whatever you like, i'm just being nit-picky like the bitch i am.

overall, i rate the oneshot a 9.5/10 cause i love angst-

5/10 cause i love angst-