Chapter One

"This is the living room." The man said. He pointed to a dark blue room with a shabby choice of furniture. He grinned to himself whilst pinching his cigarette from behind his back.

It was only 1 hour until his yearlong shift was over and he would be collecting 6 Gamapoints. His lips stretched into a firm smile.

His IQ would improve by 6 levels; his tedious shift was over, and he could enjoy some time with his family and afford to pay the substantial bills and taxes.

He grasped his emotions and smiled at the viewers. The weathered couple smiled back and walked out the room.

"It's a nice size." Mrs Sutherland, A redheaded middle-aged woman commented.

The estate agent, who was known by the name Oliver, nodded.

He led the guests out of the hut and closed the door.

"So, what do you think?" Oliver asked sleazily.

Mr Sutherland nodded and tapped Oliver heartily on the shoulder.

"How much is this property?" He enquired, eyeing Oliver carefully.

"1-" He took a moment to think, "14 Gamapoints." Oliver responded slowly, his lips slightly out of sync with his voice.

"It is in Grade 4, at least, at least it's better than our current Grade 3 home." Mrs Sutherland alluded in hesitation.

Mr Sutherland nodded at his wife's remark and walked out of the hut, onto the beige soiled earth.

He turned around and faced the structure, his eyes squinting in the burning sun.

"I think we will look at some other properties. Thank you for your time." Mr Sutherland shook the other man's hand and left with his wife.

...

Hadley Sutherland tied her red hair back with her firm fingers and stood still in Zone 3.

The crowd had eased after the morning frenzy, and the calescent weather was too powerful to face.

She sauntered to the nearest grocery store and went up to the counter, where she was greeted with a tall, dark face.

"Hello Haddy." The woman said brightly, as she eyed the lanky girl. She appreciated her daughter's neatly groomed best friend.

"Hello Mrs Casey." Hadley returned, giving the elder a smile.

"I'll like to buy two loaves of bread please." Hadley said, picking up two bags from the shelf. She placed the bags on the counter and handed them to Mrs Casey.

"What's the special occasion?" Mrs Casey said with an excess of enthusiasm. Hadley smiled and replied cheerfully.

"My mother gained some extra money from a rich customer. She decided to celebrate by making a special meal."

Mrs Casey grinned and loaded the loaves into a bag. She looked at Hadley with a smile.

"0.02 Gamapoints please." Mrs Casey said, adjusting her discoloured blouse.

Hadley bought the machine to her iris, and stared, until a ring was sounded. She grabbed the bag and looked at Mrs Casey, who appeared impressed.

"78.63 Gamapoints." She grinned, "You are doing very well Haddy, soon you'll be a Grade 12!"

Hadley shook her head modestly and smiled. "I'm not sure about that, I'm only 26.63 Gamapoints from total stupidity!"

Mrs Casey shook her head and chuckled lightly. "You worked that out so quickly, you must already be Grade 12."

The Gameजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें