chapter 2

--✨ first person p.o.v

we've gone on the boat for about 30 minutes now, and i was getting hella bored. i mean, looking at the skies and admiring the waters are nice but it gets boring after a while. plus, with a mind like mine it's fucking hard to keep focus on one thing for a long period of time.

"chef?? when are we arriving exactly??", i asked him.

"we'll be arriving soon, don't worry your ass off", chef said and i just shrugged and continue daydreaming and looking at the sky. BUT LOOK!! on the distance!! THERE!! is that an island?? that's a bit weird?? i don't see a resort??

after a few more minutes of driving we arrived at the said island. uhm what??

we got off the boat, chris and chef talking with the film crew with the fancy cameras. they look like they're talking about something important, and that something isn't a good thing, since they kinda have this frustrated look on their faces. but enough about them, i'm waiting for my 5 star resort treatment here!! AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT, THERE'S NONE.

"hey uhh chris?? didn't you say '5 star resort'??", i asked him genuinely confused.

"yeah, i may or may not have lied. well anyway!! we're here now, no complaints please!!"

"fuck, ok then. where do i put my bags??"

"there's a trailer near the woods, you can bring your mini bag and duffle there. when you come back make sure to leave the mini backpack and bring your duffle back here, at the docks since you'll be competing. chef will lead you to the trailer while i film the intro. and uhh go change to something suitable please, people will start coming on the island in 15-ish minutes", he said, i just gave him a thumbs up.

"alright, follow me kid", chef called out to me.

"on my way, chef!!", i yelled back as i quickly grabbed my mini backpack and my duffle. i ran up to chef and we started walking to the trailer.

when we arrived chef said to leave my backpack here because apparently phones aren't allowed in the competition, after telling me to 'go change in something more suitable', chef then exited the trailer.

"you want 'suitable' i'll give you suitable", i said to myself smirking at the lame joke i'm about to do. so i rummage through my duffle and manage to find a white dress shirt!! i just paired the dress shirt with a black blazer, my mom's old black work pants, and a magenta tie!! IT'S NOT WEIRD THAT I HAVE THIS IN MY BAG!! chris said we're going to a fancy resort so in case there'll be dance, i can be prepared. but, since the truth is we're not even going to a resort, i need to put these fancy clothes to use somehow right?

--✨
after i put on a whole suit, i went back to the docks without my duffle because this is just a bit im doing to embarrass myself and i'll have to change to my actual outfit.

to my surprise people are already there. oh how i regret wearing this, people are gonna think i'm a lame weirdo and shit. but, by the looks of it the people competing is weird anyway. i saw a girl with braces, an edgelord, big tiddy goth gf, a himbo, a bimbo, a typical mean girl, and surprisingly a normal looking dude. but since there's only 1 normal dude, i'm still not the only weird one, therefore people aren't allowed to say that iM nOt LiKe OtHeR gIrLs!!

"y/n!! dude, why the fuck are you wearing a goddamn suit??", chris greeted me and he (aswell as everybody else) noticed my getup.

"well, chef said AND I QUOTE!! 'go change in something more suitable', so i did!! it's suit-able", i said wiggling my eyebrows and smiling widely at my dumb joke as the other contestants looked at me with mixed expressions.