Chapter 1: That Dream

"Yoo Kihyun, come with me."
"What, why?"
"You'll be safe with me, I promise."
"But who are you?"
"You'll know me someday."
"You're a stranger to me... I can't just come with you like that."
"We're no strangers, Kihyun-ah."
"We are!"
"No. We'll meet each other someday."

I immediately opened my eyes. I sighed heavily. That dream again... Who is he...? I looked at the clock on the wall. I pouted as I got up to take a shower.

Me, Yoo Kihyun, a good-looking man. I always had this man in my dream. It felt so weird thinking about it. I didn't even know him... After taking a shower, I asked my mom about it when we had breakfast together.

"Mom. I want to tell you something," I said, sitting on a chair.
"What is it, son?" Mom asked, preparing the breakfast.
"There's always a man in my dream... but I don't even know him. I don't even know if he exists, Mom." I replied while looking at the ceiling.
"Really? How does he look like?" Mom asked again, standing beside me while caressing my hair.
"I couldn't clearly see his face but I could say that he's really tall. But firstly, what does it mean?" I said, looking at Mom.
"Hm... Kihyun-ah, it's just a dream. Don't take it seriously." Mom replied with a bright smile.
"It's not just a dream, Mom... I feel like something's going to happen." I said, crossing my arms.
"No, no. Clear your mind, young man. You'll be going to Seoul soon to study. Don't you tell them your imaginative story, son!" Mom said, chuckling. She went towards another chair and sat down. I looked at her face, she was kind of worried...? She was hiding it from me but I could see it. I just kept my mouth shut, not asking anything about it.
"Mom! Hmp. Maybe it's true. Maybe I'll meet him someday." I replied, pouting.
"Well, if you believe in it. Then, believe in it. Is Minhyuk coming with you to Seoul?" Mom asked, handing me a plate.
"He is, Mom!" I exclaimed while smiling brightly.

Lee Minhyuk, my best friend. I should tell him about this man... I started to eat my breakfast.

TWO DAYS LATER...
"Take care, son!"
"Take care, too, Mom!"
"I love you."
"I love you, too."

I hugged Mom tightly. Then, I looked at Minhyuk as I pulled away from the hug.
"I'll be going now, Mom." I said before pecking on Mom's forehead.
"Bye, son. See you soon." Mom replied before closing the door.

I brought my luggage along, walking towards Minhyuk.
"Come, let me help you." Minhyuk said as he took my luggage and stuffed into the backseat of his car.
"Thanks." I said as I sat on the passenger's seat.

Minhyuk started to drive after a few minutes.
"Minhyukie, I have something to tell you."
"What is it?"
"I dreamt of this man again and again... I don't know why. He said that I would know him someday. He's so tall."
"Oh? That's strange. Didn't he tell you his name?"
"No... But he knows my name."
"Let's talk about it again later. I'm not really focusing on your words since I'm focusing on the road."
"Okie..."

Minhyuk was always the best person to talk to. I smiled at myself while looking outside. Before that, why was Mom worried while I asked her about the dream...? I don't know... I would call her soon and ask about it.