1

Your POV

Love. What a stupid thing. All of us express love in different kind of ways. Holding hands, hugging, kissing. But what if, love was not as easy as we all thought. It's hard, letting go of the ones you love, and holding on to a relationship that's never going to work. Let me tell you, I have experience. 

One day, we were a matching pair of shoes then the next day we become cold. Like there was no effort in our relationship. 

I don't know what has got into us, but all I know is that he loves me... Right?

It was just another day at college. Nothing special, students come here to student and to pursue their dreams. Honestly, I don't have any. I don't know what to do with my life. As I looked around the campus entrance, I see a 5'7" boy running towards me, his fluffy brown hair bouncing. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. His sneakers was perfect. 

God, he's beautiful.

"Why, hello there, princess." I always get the butterflies when he calls me that. I look down in embarrassment. "Stop, you're making me go red!" I shout softly, making him giggle. He's so cute when he giggles. He takes my hand and we both enter the campus together. 

Oh dear Winston, why are you so perfect?

- - -

The school was beautiful, although there are a ton of slackers skipping school every now and then. I'm not surprised.  Then I see a girl, her brown to blonde ombre hair flowing as she runs through the crowd. As she reaches me, she almost falls down but I managed to pick her back up. 

That's my best friend, Jasmine.

"(Y/N)! You're here!" She exclaims. Winston looks at me and pecks a kiss on my forehead. "I have to go. See you later, princess." Again, butterflies. 

Winston leaves us, catching up with his crew. 

I don't mind him being with his friends, it's just not right to hold your partner back from doing what he wants to do. 

Jasmine jumps in front of my view, flashing a huge smile. "Come on! We have class coming up!" I was distracted for a while, but thank god she brings me back to reality. I wonder what he's up to. "Oh. Sorry, I was dazed." She nods. "Like I would never guess."

I follow her as we head towards the 'grand staircase', or that's what we all call it ever since stepping foot into this school. While almost reaching for the first flight of stairs, I accidentally bump into a person. 

Oh, shit, I thought.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I pick up their bag, it was quite light. I couldn't bother looking inside, it would seem rude. I rise from the floor, and gave it to them. "Thanks." A man. His voice was not too deep, but it had a bright side to it. 

He wore a beanie, and his half-way zipped up Nike white, blue and red jacket above his black t-shirt. He was much taller than me, although most people might say he's short. His white Converse High's completing the look. 

"No problem!" I say, trying to sound lively. 

He walks away without saying another word, and wears his headphones over on his head. His hands in his pocket, going through the crowd. Who is that man?