Chapter 17

Just wanted to start of with a massive thank you for 3k! I never thought I would get this far and thank you guys so much for loving my book. ❤️

Nicole paced back and forth backstage, they had been waiting a while now and she was losing all hope. Luke had officially broken a promise. Julie was doing the same, her hands linked together in front of her. Both girls knew they had been let down tonight. Flynn had been doing a good job at keeping the crowd of teenagers distracted though Nicole was sure she couldn't keep it up for much longer. Nicole stopped, ran her hands down her jeans and ruffled her hair a bit before turning to Julie. "Jules- I don't think, they're coming." Her voice cracked a fracture. It may not of seemed as something major to everybody else, but for her, it was. The boys had always been reliable, she had always been able to trust them, obviously tonight was different. Julie sighed and sat on the floor, the 'hologram machine' beside her. "I can only stall for so long. It's eleven o'clock." Flynn peeped her head around the curtain looking at her best friend. Nicole tried to think, maybe they didn't need the boys. "I think you and Nicole should play by yourselves. I mean boys and without boys you guys will be amazing." Julie sighed and was about to reply before Nicole cut her off. "Yes! Julie I have the perfect song. We shouldn't let the boys not being here ruin our night, besides we have a crowd out there waiting to see you." Julie looked at Nicole for a second. "Fine, let's do it." Flynn smiled and walked back to her DJ booth. Nicole's song book appeared in her hand and she quickly flicked through the pages looking for the song. "Found it, It's called 'We'll be the stars'" Julie scanned the lyrics. "This sounds amazing!" Nicole smiled and quickly made her guitar appear. "Let's get practising." The two girls spent 10 minutes rehearsing the song. It wasn't perfect but it was the best they could do. Julie stuck a thumb up at Flynn, signalling that the girls were ready to perform. "Who's ready to see Julie and the Phantoms?" The crowd erupted into cheers and Nicole grinned, she had missed this.

Julie took her place at the piano and Nicole stood close by, her acoustic guitar in hand. She gave Julie a nod. Julie pulled her mic closer to her face and began pressing the chords.

(Julie)   (Nicole)  (both)

We are young, we are gold, trying things we didn't know.

Looking at the sky,see it come alive. All our fears become our hopes.

Climbed out of every locked window.

We rode a lions mane, and fell upon the rain.

Nicole played her guitar lightly, her and Julie's voices merged together, and their smiles were as wide as one another's. Nicole took the lead of the next chorus, her excitement taking over.

We can reach the constellations, trust me, all our dreams are breaking out. No, we're never gonna turn to dust,yeah all we really need is us. Don't be scared to close your eyes, no we're never gonna die. We'll be the stars oh.

Nicole smiled at Julie as the crowd  bounced up in down, pumping their fists in the air, all of her anxiety had washed away, the only thing she cared about now was the feeling of her guitar strings on her fingers and the words coming from her mouth, she was going to enjoy this moment. 

No, we're never gonna step too far, Yeah, we're holding on to who we are. When it's time to close your eyes, they will see us in the sky, we'll be the stars.

We'll be the stars.

We'll be the stars.

Julie's eyes sparkled as she sung out to the crowd, she was thankful for Nicole and so grateful that she had shared one of her songs with her.

We'll be the stars

Let me in, hold me close. Fill my heart with simple notes, so when it's hard to see, they are reminding me. Take my breath and hold me high, so I can feel the city lights, glowing under me. It's in our reach, we're breaking out.

Julie sings the chorus too, getting a small nod from Nicole saying she could, Nicole thought she sounded perfect, it's like she had rehearsed the song a million times before, Nicole was so proud. 

We can reach the constellations, trust me, all our dreams are breaking out.

No, we're never gonna turn to dust, all we really need is us, We'll be the stars oh. No, we're never gonna step too far, yeah, we're holding on to who we are. When it's time to close your eyes, they will see us in the sky, we'll be the stars.

We'll be the stars.

 Julie faced Nicole, microphone in hand and began singing too her with a grin on her face, Nicole's matching it.

We'll be the stars.

We'll be the stars.

Woah, we'll be the stars.

The crowd burst into a massive applause as Nicole poofed away from everyone's sight. Her grin was wide and she spun around doing a small celebratory dance. For the firs time ever, she performed without the boys. Of course it was strange, she had been a member of Sunset Curve before they even decided the name for the band, every gig, she was on stage with her boys. It felt a little wrong performing without them, though it was their loss, they broke a promise. 

Nicole just wandered what they possibly could be up to, to make them miss this and break a promise, something they had always taken very seriously.

Sorry for such a short chapter! It will be worth it, the next few chapters are going to get exciting.