CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

MYUNGSOO POV

We waved, through the van window, goodbye to Jae Hwa.

I stayed awake while everyone started to drift off to sleep.

I watched the houses past us in a blur as the car pulled out of the street, although we only lived 5-10 minutes away from her.

It was nice to Jae Hwa again. It had been a while. She was still the same.. But also different.

The thing I remembered the most was her smile and laugh and her personality too, it was still the same happy and bubbly one. The only thing that changed was she was so much prettier.

I grinned when I remembered her catching my eye with a smile.

Her eyes, faintly marked with eyeliner and mascara, turning into crescents whenever she smiled, dimples dipping into her cheeks and a pink colour flushing lightly on them. And her bangs falling on her forehead, cutting just above her eyes. Her bun sitting on top of her head, loose strands of hair framing her face.

I sighed, I wish I had asked for her number, atleast we would be able to keep in touch.

She probably already had a boyfriend so it would've been bad to ask for her number. And plus she probably needed to focus on school, and maybe she wasn't allowed to date or didn't want to. Maybe she already liked someone at school or even someone else in our group. I tried to come up with thousands of reasons so that I wouldn't feel regret.

"Manager hyung." Sungjong said breaking my train of thought. I didn't even know he was awake!

"Ya, what?"

"Can you turn around and go back to the house?"

"Why?" Our manager asked grumpily.

I looked at the maknae. He grabbed my phone, in my hands and chucked it on the floor.

"Um L left his phone over there."

What was he doing?!

"Aish L, fine." Our manager spun the car around jolting everyone awake.

All the members re-shifted into another comfortable position since they were woken up from their slumber.

"What was that?!" I hissed to Sungjong. I was about to scold him but he spoke before me.

"Hyung didn't you want Jae Hwa's number?" He smiled.

JAE HWA POV

I headed back into the house after waving goodbye.

I grabbed my toothbrush ready to brush my teeth when the sound of the door bell rang.

Staring at the clock I wondered who the heck was here at midnight.

I rushed to the door. I fiddled round with the lock with one hand. I groaned, why couldn't it just unlock ?! Frustrated I lodged the toothbrush in the side of my mouth. I fumbled around with the lock some more before I heard the much wanted click. I turned the handle round and swung open the door.

MYUNGSOO POV

A sick feeling became known in the pit of my stomach as we got closer to Jae Hwa's house.

What if she rejected me ? What if she didn't want to give me her number ? What if she found me creepy that I had come back for her number? What if she just didn't like me in general ?!

"Hurry up." Our manager said to me as I slid out of the car.

I stopped at her door. I turned back to see Sungjong frantically waving for me to hurry and ring the bell.

I swallowed my pride and pressed the button.

There was silence.

Aish, I shouldn't have come.

I rubbed the back of my neck half hopping Jae Hwa would open the door, half hopping she wouldn't.

Just when I was going to walk back to the car I heard someone fiddle with the door lock.

The door creaked open and Jae Hwa stood there infront of me, toothbrush in mouth, messy ponytail, pajamas, no make up. I smiled. She looked cute.

With a half shocked expression plastered on her face she stuttered a hello, removing her toothbrush.

"Annyeounghaseyo oppa." She bowed to me.

"Ahh annyeounghaseyo." I bowed back.

She practically swam in her oversized, blue panda shirt, but from that my eyes traveled down to her non existent pants. I saw her cheeks redden and blush.

"Ah don't worry I'm wearing shorts." She explained, "They're just hidden by my shirt."

I chuckled.

"Um oppa if you don't mind, what are you doing here?" She asked, suddenly.

I swallowed, "I was um.. wondering if... I could have your number?"