Jacket

The Jacket was returned but because of that Saturday, more rumors were spreading. Chitanda's mind was feeling uneasy. It's like when she's just walking, she would hear them talk out loud.

She hated it.

"Nee, Chitanda, are you two dating?" Mayaka asked when they were having lunch together.

"Uhm... no not really. I think like Fukube he sees me as his friend now," she answered.

Friends huh? Do friends kiss in the lips like they did the last time? The kiss felt really warm and cozy but... it comes with doubts. Especially when afterwards, Hōtarō didn't say anything to her.

"Are you alright?" Mayaka noticed her friend was spacing out more lately.

"Y-yeah!" She slightly chuckled. "Why isn't Aimee joining us at lunch lately?"

"Oh! About that..." Mayaka looked like she was about to share something bad. "Uhm... she's kind of jealousy of you. You know since freshmen you two were rivals."

It didn't really surprised Chitanda. She noticed it tho and she was okay because she never considered Aimee her rival. Chitanda thinks of Aimee as a dear friend but it's sad.

"Rivals, huh? If I were gone, would she be happy?"

"What are you saying! Ofcourse she wouldn't!" Mayaka exclaimed. "You know with our feelings and differences, we should just embrace it than make a fuss about it."

Embrace? Chitanda thought to herself. But not everyone is willing to.

"Yeah, we should," She faked a bright face.

"Oi Oreki," Satoshi sat down the chair in front of his friend. "Are you and Chitanda a thing?"

Hōtarō lift his head up to stare back at Satoshi. It took him about half a minute to respond with a more detailed stare.

"Ugh!" Satoshi gave up! This guy! What was that stare? It's like his eyes were being sucked and he couldn't read that look.

When Hōtarō stand up Satoshi stopped whining. "Where you heading, man?"

"Out for juice," he replied and waved.

On his way, he heard females loudly talking about other people. He didn't care about those, he never does.

Hōtarō just took his juice from the vending machine when he heard a commotion. A bunch of girls were running somewhere.

"Oi!" He called one of the girl and believe it or not the girl blushed. "What's goin' on?"

"U-uhm H-Haile is fighting with Chita-"

Hasn't even heard all of it, he rushed to where a bunch of girls were circling. Some of them were even shock to see him.

Right at that moment Haile was about to slap Chitanda. But for the first time in forever, Hōtarō was fast and he caught the hard slap.

Everybody's eyes widened, even Haile was shaking for accidentally hitting Hōtarō.

"Listen, everyone!" Hōtarō yelled. "Stop talking about Chitanda and me! Stop hurting her! And if this helps, yes she's mine!"

Chitanda herself was surprised with what he said. She doesn't really remember saying yes to Hōtarō nor remember him asking her.

"Come on, Chitanda." He took her hand and pulled her away from those people. What a shame to Haile.

"Wait a minute," Chitanda stopped walking. "What was that you said earlier? You're just making them think the wrong way, Hōtarō!"

Hearing that made him let go of her hand and face her. His face had a frown and his lips were pressed together.

"Do you like me Chitanda?" He asked. No other expression on his face but a wrinkled forehead.

She doesn't know what to say. It's hard to say what's on her mind so she looked away.

"I read this on a manga." He randomly told her. "Usually a guy would threaten a girl to tell the truth if not he would kiss her. I wouldn't want to do that."

"Fine! I do like you, Hōtarō ! But I know you're the guy who doesn't give a-"

Hōtarō shut her up with a kiss. He said he wouldn't want to do it but he did anyways. It wasn't that long til he broke it.

"I wouldn't kiss you twice if I didn't," he whispered in her ear the moment he hugged her.

Chitanda hugged Hōtarō tightly as if she was going somewhere afterwards. She even had to close her eyes to feel his warmth.

"Nee Hōtarō," she whispered. "Are you a kiss?"

"Why?"

"Because you're something special to remember."