Chapter 5

Veralyn's POV

I couldn't stop staring at Destiny. Is she really Kayt's mate? I mean, I promised Kayt that I'd get along with his mate, whoever she may be, but this girl? I don't know. She almost seems too Goth punk. Most of the kids here don't really dress like that; they just have the attitude she does.

It's been like a month since she's arrived, and I still haven't really made the move to talk to her. Kayton has though. It's quite entertaining actually. I can slowly see Destiny breaking down; like she's going to burst any second. As I said before, I think she's too Goth punk, as in it's an act. Plus, her voice is way too light and flowy for the way she looks and acts.

"Would you stop staring at me?" A light voice snapped.

I shook my head. "Sorry... It's just this whole thing has to be a joke."

She raised a judgmental brow at me. "A joke?"

"Well yeah... Destiny, I just think you're not really this Goth punk." I explained.

She growled deeply. "What did you just say?"

I looked at her unfazed. "I know you heard me." Then I whispered, "Wolf hearing comes in handy."

The bell rang for class to be over and for it to be the end of the day. I grabbed my bag and reached for Hayden's hand.

I heard her mumble, "You're not wrong." She bumped her shoulder into mine and stormed past me. So, either that was for the fact I know she heard me or what I had said to her was true. So is my brother's mate not actually punk? Then what is she doing at Brenton?

***

"Hey, we need to talk." I stated, walking into the game room, and I plopped down next to Kayt. He handed me a game controller and set up game of, an oldie but goodie, Halo.

He raised a brow. "About what?" He helped me shoot down one of the green team Halos. As usual, we chose the black Halos.

"Destiny." I replied, casually. I jumped up onto one of the crates, but kept crouched down.

Kayton joined me up on top of the crate. "What about her?"

"I think everything about her is an act." I answered while getting into a fight with one of the red team Halos who had joined us up on top of the crate.

I growled into the headset. "You know, these crates are only so big. There is just not enough room for you!" I shoved the red Halo off the crate and shot his head off. Harsh, I know, but you don't mess with the Rapattoni twins.

"Even her name?" Kayt asked, slightly amused.

I scoffed. "You don't believe be do you?"

He shook his head. "Nope, not one bit."

"Thanks for the trust, twin bro." I stated, rolling my eyes. "But I'm serious. She even told me herself."

"I'm sure she did with the no words you've spoken to each other." He replied.

"So, you're not going to believe me?" I asked, seriously, as I killed the other red Halo.

"Umm.... I'm gonna have to go with no on this one." He answered, killing the second green Halo. I didn't say anything else as we took down the last two teams with pretty much no problem.

I stood up, throwing the controller and headset down. "Would you believe me if I got her to say it?"

Kayton started to laugh. "Sure, but she's not going to because it's not true."

"You'll see." I turned around on my heels and headed back to my room where Hayden was.

He pointed a finger at me. "You know that was a lot longer than just a minute."