1 6

Waverly Whitlocks Pov

Diagon Alley was honestly super cold and surprisingly empty. It was decorated for Christmas with baubles hanging in the shops and miniature Christmas trees were set up in every window.

There was definitely no more than five or six wizards total though. Odd.

"Hm that's strange I would've thought everyone would be Christmas shopping." Grandma Honey observed, "I'll only be a moment,"

I smiled at her, "I'll just be wandering around I guess."

I decided I might look around for a present for Pansy, considering she's letting me stay at hers for a week.

First, I went into Twilfitt and Tattings, an expensive clothing shop that Grandma usually shops at. I figured while I was Christmas shopping I could grab a few things for her aswell. I grabbed a basket, and stacked it up with different dresses, hats and shoes. I even grabbed a few shirts for Pansy and Jade.

"Oh goodness? Someone's getting spoilt this Christmas." The shopkeeper laughed as she folded the clothes and put them into a paper bag, "Whos all this for?"

"Some is for my Grandma, those four shirts and that skirt are for my friends."

"Lucky friends of yours.." She pressed the cash register, "97 Galleons."

'Merlin.' I thought this was turning into an expensive day, I passed the money over to her.

She looked sort of shocked, "Pardon me for asking Maam but what's your last name?"

"Uh. Whitlock?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Half-blood?"

"Muggle-born." I gave her a shy smile.

"Sorry sorry. It's just usually only Purebloods can afford.. well you know how it is."

I nodded my head. I knew what she was talking about, usually the richest families were Pureblood.

The handle of the heavy bag made red lines across my hands as I carried it down the Alley.

I stopped at Quality Quidditch Supplies, and grabbed Blaise, Draco and Arlo jerseys and Quidditch team memorabilia. I was still absolutely furious with Draco, and quite frankly I had considered not buying him anything at all, but I felt rude giving everyone else a gift but not him.

I had one more store I wanted to shop at, Flourish and Blotts. Jade had wanted a book for ages called, 'That's Illogical.' Appearantly, it was some super spooky story, but she always justified not getting it because it was too expensive.

On the second floor of Flourish and blotts stood a huge towering bookcase, hundreds of books covered the shelves.

"How am I supposed to find it in here..?" I mumbled to myself.

"I can help you if you'd like." I turned around, and saw Jayden Lockwood looking at me with a kind smile.

"Thank you." I smiled, "Uh, I'm looking for a book."

"I guessed.. I mean you are looking at the bookshelf." He rubbed the back of his neck.

This was honestly so awkward. We really hadn't spoken much since our date, and I didn't know what to say.

"Right. It's called "Thats Illogical."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "You'd read something like that?"

"It's for Jade."

"Well it's over here." He walked over to shelf, and slid out a big thick furry book with a clasp over it.