𝑨 𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏

彡

"OK, SO I'LL EXPLAIN.", Arabella sighed, she was annoyed. And they were getting late, "Alaric's kids, first of all, that's not a lie. They are his and his wife's biological kids."

"The funny thing is, is that your family is not the only crazy family around.", She said, noting the look for Kol, "The wife of Alaric was a Gemini witch, and her twin brother was Kai Parker. And he was kind of - of not wired properly?"

"His family was not his favorite.", She continued, "Alaric got married, in the middle of some shitty supernatural crisis. There's this whole thing with Geminis and twins. Anyways, his wife's crazy psychotic brother, quite literally, bombed their wedding."

"Killed his wife. Who was pregnant with Alaric's children at the time."

"That's horrible."

Hayley knew firsthand what it felt to almost lose her child. She couldn't even being to imagine how it would feel to actually lose her child. 

"Yeah, not the worst part of this story.", Arabella's tone was high-pitched, "To save the children, and therefore carry forward the bloodline of the Geminis, Alaric's wife's crazy creepy dead coven implanted her children in - in -"

She found Klaus' eyes, "In Caroline."

Heartbreak. And then acceptance. He could not have expected Caroline to stay waiting for him. She had her own life, even though he wished for that life to be with him. 

"So she's married to Alaric?"

"What!", Arabella exclaimed, "The fuck? No."

She glared at Alexander, "They are legally and emotionally both Alaric and Caroline's children, but biologically they are Alaric and his wife's. And secondly, Caroline and Alaric are not romantically involved. That's - that's - just no."

"Now, I'm not open to taking questions on this matter currently.", She said, "However, questions relating to Hope's new abode are more than welcome. And encouraged."

She turned away from them. She was already walking away from them before they even had the chance to collect their wits. She glanced at her watch, they were very late. And she was going to have to rush if she was going to be able to get to her noon class.

They entered the Salvatore school. She turned around to face them at the entrance. Capitalist smile. She gestured around her, "This is the entrance to the school. I'm sure most of you would know it."

"This is the door you almost always entered through with your evil schemes and whatnot."

*

"Can we talk Arabella?"

She turned around to face Alexander. This had been coming. This conversation had been inevitable. Yet she did not want it to happen. Yet she wanted them to continue with their lives as though their time together had not happened. 

Yet she wanted them to avoid the fact that he had left her. She hated him for it. But she accepted it later on. 

Because it would make it easier for her to leave when her time came. 

No. "Yeah sure."

He smiled at her. I'm weak. She smiled at him back, but he's also

"What happened?"

"Nothing, I just - just realize we haven't spoken."

It had been a week since he had made a re-entry into her everything. And the worst part was she welcomed him back. You can't let him back in. You love him he loves you. But you're going to die. Are you really going to put himthrough something like that?

"Yeah, I guess we haven't."

"You seem good.", He was wasting time. She knew it. He knew it. She nodded awkwardly. He cleared his throat, "I - I don't know how to continue here - I mean, you know what I want to talk about - but - but it's just so hard to get the words out."

She laughed softly, adorable, "Yeah, yeah I know. You don't need to make the words come out."

He smiled. They were silent for a second, "I'm sorry."

I forgive you. She looked at him. He was so hard to handle. Everything about him made her give up. She would forgive him if he slaughtered thousands. She would tell him it was okay after he came back from setting the world on fire. And he would do the same.

But you won't be able to now. Her subconscious. It was painfully accurate, "I know."

"I wanted to tell you to - to come with me.", He said. She wanted this explanation, "I wanted you to come with me the night I got that call. But, you - you and I had just gotten our heaven. We'd just gotten rid of our supernatural troubles."

"And everything with my family is never normal. And I worried if - if I brought you, you could be kidnapped, threatened, or worst yet, killed.", He was scared even thinking about it now, "I did not think straight. I just left, because it was the only thing I could do."

"If I left behind some kind of letter or a message you would've come looking for me,", He was correct, I would have, "And I didn't want you to, I didn't want you to come to me unless it was safe. Unless I could offer you the same heaven we had."

He had left her behind in their past heaven until he would be able to give her an eternal one. 

"I don't hate you for it."

He could breathe better, "I love you Alexander, but - but I don't think we can fall into that old way we had - not - not immediately."

Please immediately. He looked up at her, he nodded, "I understand."

She smiled sadly.

"But I hope you'll at least give me the chance to love you again?", He said, "I hope you'll give yourself that chance too."

Say no! NO. You cannot let him fall into this trap of pain. You cannot promise him forever when you won't make it a year longer. 

"I will."