Chapter 42

December 12th

I've been staying at Rachel's the last week. I called Zack and told him I wasn't coming back to New York. I don't know where I want to live right now, maybe out of the country. Toby is getting married today and forgetting about me for the rest of his life. I've been fighting with myself if I'm going to the wedding.

"Are you going to the wedding today?" Rachel comes in my room and sits on my bed with me.

"No, Toby doesn't want me anymore." I make up my mind. I look up to try and keep the tears from coming out. I'm not going to cry today. I've done enough crying.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Rachel looks over at the beautiful dress I was going to wear to the wedding. "Crash a wedding?" She suggests.

"No, I'm not going to the wedding." I look at the dress too. Strapless, long, it starts as gold on the top, then makes it way down to black.

"I think you should go to the wedding." Rachel states her opinion.

"I'm not going to his wedding. He doesn't love me the way I love him. He doesn't love me anymore." I say the words out loud and let them soak into my ears.

Rachel looks down at the floor where the invitation is. The wedding starts at six, and I will be very very drunk during that time. I get off my bed and walk into Max's room. "What are you doing today?" We have become friends.

"I'm going to my friend Toby's wedding." The name makes my stomach hurt.

"You know Toby?" I step closer to him. "What a small world."

He nods his head slowly. "I don't think he even really likes this girl, but whatever I'm not the one getting married." He shrugs his manly shoulders.

That's it. I'm leaving this house. It's Friday, so my mom is probably having a party. I can even wear the dress I was going to wear to the wedding. I put my gold eye shadow on, curl my hair and move the braided sides to the back. Lastly, the shiny gold topped dress. By the time I'm done getting ready its six. Toby is getting married right now, and not to me. I just miss him, I miss his smile, the way he kissed me, and the way we slept so close together.

"Are you going to the wedding?" Rachel practically yells.

"No I'm going to my moms. I was planning on getting drunk, but I decided against it. I also need to get my car from there." Her face falls as I tell her.

She walks away from my door frame. "Call me a cab." I yell guessing she is down stairs.

"Just take my car!" Rachel yells back up the stairs. I sing a couple of lyrics to Ed Sheeran's song while I slip my heels on. I click down the stairs and grab Rachel's keys off the counter.

"I'll be back." I tell her as she looks through the fridge. I walk to her car and start it. I hope my mom will be happy to see me, sometimes I show up at her house and she seems to be very flustered with me. I turn right at the stop sign. I could at least drive by the church Toby is getting married at, and its on the way to my moms house.

Toby's black car is the only one in the parking lot. The other people must be parked in the back. I can't help but turn right making the cars behind me honk. I park next to his car. We've had so many memories in that car. I put a coat on from the back seat of Rachel's car. I get out and let the cold air hit my face. I look in the windows like a creeper.

There is a letter. The letter says To Alice. I wonder when he is planning on giving it to me. I need to read it. I try to open the doors but they are locked. Well, obviously it's for me, so maybe he will come give it to me soon. I get back in Rachel's car, but it won't start. I try over and over to get it to start, but nothing.

It's freezing cold outside, and in her car. I go to call Rachel, but my phone is dead. "Really?" I yell out loud. Is this fate? I have no choice but to go inside. I could just sit in the back and after it's over I'll just ask someone if I can borrow their phone. I walk up the steps of the church holding my dress up. I open the big brown doors. It's empty. No one is here. I let go of my dress. The door shuts with a slam.

Movement catches my eyes. Of course, blue eyes looking up at me. There are rose petals on the ground, and it looks as if a wedding took place here. "Alice?" Toby calls my name out.

"Where is everyone?" I sit down next to him. I can feel his warmth coming off of him.

"I didn't get married. I didn't love her. I didn't even like her that much. I couldn't get married to anyone right now." He looks at his shoes. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw your car in the parking lot, so I pulled in for some stupid reason. I saw a letter in your car with my name on it. Then, Rachel's car didn't start." I explain quickly hoping I can spare the details.

"That letter needs to be ripped to shreds." Toby shakes his head.

"What does it say." I study is black and white tuxedo with a red tie.

"It should say that I miss you. I miss you so much." He shakes his head some more. "It should say that I like you way more than I liked her. It should say I love you." His Atlantic blue eyes look up at me. "I love you so much." He turns his body toward me.

"I love you too." I say right before he kisses me. His soft lips pressed up against mine. His familiar lips pressed up against mine. His very missed lips are pressed up against mine. He even loves me.

(This is a short chapter... But it's also the last chapter! I really really hope you enjoyed it!! Thank you for reading! There will be an epilogue, so make sure you read it to find out what happens in Toby and Alice's future!)