Bandages (Pt.1)

A/N: Until I get requests, I'll be posting some one-shots that I've made my myself :3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Summary:

Within this friend circle, only two of them wear bandages on their arms. Not like the others have to know what's under them, anyway.

TRIGGER WARNING: suicide, self-harm, mentions of depression and anxiety

-minor curse near the end-

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was red.

Red on her wrists. Red on her fingers. Red on her blade.

Red in his hair. Red in his eyes. Red in his glare.

... Flower should've known that this would catch up with her eventually.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She was being awfully quiet.

Those words had been ringing through Fukase's head for the whole afternoon now. In the midst of the living room, where their roommates and neighbors had gathered for a casual hangout session, while Oliver was chatting with Rin and Len and Piko was talking with his older sister Miki and the ever popular diva Miku, he could only focus on her lithe figure as she sat on the sofa, her violet eyes staring at the floor and her fingers brushing against each other from time to time, including across her wrists.

As much as he tried to engage with the conversations around him, the redhead couldn't help but notice her reluctance to talk with anyone. It wasn't too unusual that the kuudere didn't want to talk but...

Something was just... off about it. Fukase couldn't pinpoint exactly what, though. That was bugging him.

"And then Fukase, you said... HEY!" A high-pitched yet masculine voice snapped Fukase back to his senses and he turned his head to the source of the noise; a young man with silver shoulder length hair accompanied a 'P'-shaped ahoge and heterochromatic eyes of turquoise and green. They narrowed at the man in question as the owner of the voice continued. "Fuka, were you spacing out again?"

The redhead scratched his head bashfully. "Uhhh.... No?"

"Fukase, you're a better jokester than a liar," The teenage girl standing next to him shook her head in disappointment, her fuchsia-colored hair trailing behind her while her question mark-shaped ahoge bounced in the air. "Seriously though, you've been staring into space for a while now. Are you okay?"

"Haha," He chuckled as an opportunity for a little fun came to mind. "Wow, I can't believe that the girl who 'has the greatest affinity to space' is telling me that I'm spacing out,"

At the sound of his poorly made pun, the final girl in their circle smacked a hand against her forehead, her turquoise twin tails trailing behind her as she shook her head. "For Yamaha's sake, Fukase, that doesn't even make any sense,"

"Hey, those are my creators you're talking about, not yours, Miku!" He retorted, a little ticked off that she didn't appreciate the joke.

"Quite frankly, if they didn't exist, neither would I!"

"Miku, Fukase, calm down..." Piko held a hand out on both sides of the conversation, trying to keep the duo from getting into another heated debate. "We don't need to start another squabble in here..."

And from there, the afternoon continued as jovially as it started; Fukase would dramatically quip at something, Miku would reply back with something just as dramatic, Piko would try to keep the duo apart (it was a miracle that his sanity hadn't been lost yet) and Miki would eventually get so tired of the conversation that she'd try to chat with Rin, Len and Oliver instead. It was just your usual casual, chaotic hangout session.