two. violet

My days seemed to repeat themselves. Stuck in an never-ending whir of automated replies and actions. A merry-go-round of endless unhappiness and boredom. It was eating me alive.

The usual shower thoughts hit me in wave. I ran my fingers through my wet, tangled, brown hair and let the warm water wash over me, as if to wash away all of my doubts. I scrubbed harshly over my body to rid it of any imperfections and germs. Grabbing my shampoo, I squirted a lot into my hand and ran it through my greasy hair. I finished my shower and dried off using a grey towel.

I sighed, the makeup never seemed to cover up the dark blue rings surrounding my eyes. There was also no need to contour anymore, due to the way my skin stuck to my cheekbones, making the sunk in and hollow. I lined my eyes with black liner and tried to comb my fingers through my hair. After my depressing regimen of makeup i stepped into my closet.

Nothing seemed to fit anymore, my dresses and shirts would hang over my body and look like a child on Halloween with a sheet over his head, trying to look like a ghost. My pants would just slide back down over my thighs and calves then just pile up on the floor at my feet. I sighed and grabbed a sweater and my smallest pair of pants.

Knock Knock

My door creaked open and revealed the assholes who call themselves "parents".

"Violet? Can you talk for a sec?" Marie asked.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. They came in anyway and sat on my bed, I stood there with my arms crossed.

"Violet, you don't seem happy anymore. What ever happened to our little sunshine, our little Vi Vi?" Tim asked, fake sympathetic looks adorning their faces.

I stuck to my vow of silence I have been upholding since last summer. No matter what they try I won't talk to them or agree with them or have anything to do with them.

"Violet! Are you even listening?! We are trying to get you help! Okay? We're sending you to rehab, Lyrisus Mental Institute," Tim, my "father" yelled at me, "Who am I kidding? It's an asylum, you're bat shit crazy!"

Marie hit his chest and gasped. She reached forward, trying to console me and prevent the tears that are already threatening to spill from my eyes. I pulled away from her touch and pointed toward the doors, trying to get them to leave. I dug my nails into my palms to keep myself from yelling at them to the point of blood bubbling to the surface. 

"You can pack your stuff when you get back from school, but we leave tomorrow morning," Marie said in a very hushed voice as they left.

I shut the door as they left and locked the door so maybe I could have a couple minutes to myself. Even if I do go away for however long, nobody from school or even this fucking town will miss me. Jess McLaughlin definitely won't miss me considering I killed her cat for knocking my books out of my hands last week. Of course she didn't know it was me, but it was satisfying to see her cry. Maybe I am bat shit crazy.