Ch 2: True Identity

You were (re)introduced to this world as Suzuki Yua-- the youngest child and only daughter of a rich merchant; a once-in-a-century prodigy with budding potential. Despite knowing this, it didn't feel right being called by your supposed birth name. To you, Suzuki Yua sounded foreign, wrong; a snake skin you can easily discard, as it is not a permanent part of you.

It's just... not you, and you've spent a year wondering why you thought that way.

Within that first year of your (new) life, you vividly remember being hyperaware of your surroundings, and being abnormally adept at adjusting accordingly. It was like instinct, knowing exactly what to do-- what you're supposed to do (albeit with difficulty due to developing motor skills). You possess practical knowledge that no infant should possess, and yet you know how to crawl, walk, run, talk, read, write, fight, wield kunais, throw senbon needles, mold chakra, perform jutsus--

Once again, you ask yourself; why?

The moment Tanaka Sakura properly introduced herself to you was when your questions were finally answered. When you heard the name "Sakura"...

You remember candy pink hair matched with seafoam green eyes; a girl--no, a determined kunoichi who strived for greatness by being a legendary medic-nin. She who lived by her principles until the very end; Haruno Sakura.

You remember sunshine blond hair and ocean blue eyes; a lonely jinchuuriki who continued to reach out despite receiving seemingly endless rejections, until he finally found his family by bonds. He who dreamed to be the future Hokage; Uzumaki Naruto.

You remember raven hair and midnight black eyes; a self-proclaimed avenger who made mistakes after mistakes due to his blinding hatred towards the world he believed that wronged him. He who loved and lost too much; Uchiha Sasuke.

You remember your best friend, Uchiha Shisui; you remember your mission partner, Hatake Kakashi; you remember your confidant, Uchiha Itachi; you remember your pseudo-parents, Uzumaki Kushina and Namikaze Minato; you remember your first friend, Nohara Rin; you remember your brother, Uchiha Obito.

You remember everyone.

And then, you remember you; yourself. A failure of a protector who had nothing left to lose.

You remember your real name; once a member of the Uchiha clan. The only living member of the Uchiha clan.

After you managed to recall every one of your precious people, the following year was when you recollected everything that happened to them-- shown within every night of your fever dreams. You didn't get much sleep within those days.

The chidori, the Kyuubi, the Naka river, his illness, Zetsu-Orochimaru, Uchiha Madara, the falling boulder, the endless dying patients, the Zetsu army, Edo-Tensei, Black Zetsu; tragedy after tragedy until you have no one left.

(Would there still be tragedy for you now that you have no one left?)

Another matter that seemed to baffle you was your Eternal Mangkeyou Sharingan. How you managed attain the kekkai genkai despite not being reborn as an Uchiha, much less retain it to its highest form was beyond you. However, it's not without a cost.

When you first gained the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Obito's long-range Kamui was not part of your repertoire; it was sacrificed to give you less strain when using the dojutsu for your remaining abilities, which are: short-range Kamui, your two-part Kuninotokotachi, and your unused Susanoo.