Party (Tony Stark x Reader)

Summary: Reader is at a party and has a panic attack. Tony steps in and helps calm her down. The dress above is the one you wear. Hope you enjoy! I don't think there's any trigger warnings, but if you think there is, let me know in the comments. Thank you!

I was never big on parties, but when you're a member of the Avengers, you have to get used to them. I joined the team around a month after they were formed. I may have a teeny, tiny, crush- wait I'm lying- HUGE crush on Tony Stark. But, he just got out of the relationship with Pepper. I heard it was mutual and they were better off as friends, but I can't imagine him wanting to start dating again so soon. Not to mention I'm too shy to make a first move. 

Anyway, I was sitting at the bar alone wearing a red, mermaid style dress. I wasn't aware it was a formal party, so luckily it was left in my room in Avengers Tower with an anonymous note saying to wear it tonight. I decided there was no harm in wearing it. I was wearing gold eyeshadow, blush, and red lipstick. I was wearing gold, open toe, high heels with a strap across the ankle. I had gold jewelry on as well. Lastly, I decided to curl my hair and leave it down.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?" a voice slurred from behind me.

"None of your business," I responded, trying to keep my voice level. In reality I started having a panic attack. I had a really bad experience with a drunk guy before, so all the memories started coming back.

"Not the right answer, sweet cheeks." He was so close I felt his breath in my ear. My breathing started getting heavier and I started feeling lightheaded.

"Ah, there you are Y/N. Is this guy bothering you?" a voice asked. None other than Tony Stark has come to my rescue. Tony must've noticed my breathing because he said, "Sir, I'm gonna ask you once to leave." Surprisingly, the guy left. I was still breathing heavily, but then I heard Tony say, "Breathe, Y/N, focus on my breathing. You're safe now." I was still breathing pretty heavily, so Tony gently took me by the hand and into the hallway. I was in a daze and just kind of followed to where Tony was taking me. When we were out in the hallway, he took both of my hands into his, gently guided me to a sitting position, and started talking to me. "Alright Y/N, five things you can see." I looked to Tony first, then I saw the dim hallway lights above me, the party, my dress, and our hands intertwined. "Have you seen five things?" I just nodded, as I was still breathing a bit heavily. "Ok, good. Now four things you can feel." I felt the fabric of my dress, the coolness of the floor, the fabric of Tony's suit jacket, and the hair of his beard. "Now, three things you can hear." I heard the chatter of people at the party, the music coming from the party, and Tony whispering soft words. I had started to calm down a little at this point. "You're doing great sweetheart. Two things you can smell." I smelled Tony's cologne and the food from the party. "One thing you can taste." I took a sip of my (drink of choice) that I guess I hadn't set down. "Are you okay now?" Tony softly asked me.

I nodded, then asked barely above a whisper, "Tony?" He hummed in response. "Can we go somewhere more private to talk about what happened?"

"Absolutely. Where?"

"My room is fine." He helped me off the floor and we made our way to the elevator. I started suspecting that maybe Tony liked me. I mean, he willingly left the party early; it was only around nine, not to mention he helped me through a panic attack. Nat saw us leaving and asked if everything was alright. Tony whispered something to her, and she seemed to get the point and went back to talking with Steve, Clint, and Bruce.
(A/N: Romanogers, Clintasha, or Brutasha????)

When we got up to my floor, it was only then that I had noticed that he had his arm around my waist. It wasn't invading or uncomfortable. Rather, it was comforting and felt right. I'd be lying if I said I didn't fall for the playboy. But that was just it. Playboy. As in no long term relationships. That is kinda what happened between Pepper and him. I knew I'd never get a chance with him.

When we got to my bedroom, Tony guided me inside and closed the door. We sat by each other on my bed, and Tony took my hands in his and looked to me, patiently waiting for me to talk. I took a deep breath, then started talking.

"Long before I joined the Avengers, I had a boyfriend. I thought he was everything I ever wanted in a guy. One night, I was driving back from work and going to his place because we had a relaxing night planned." Here I paused and took a deep breath, my eyes getting a bit watery. Tony noticed, and his grip on my hands tightened in a comforting way. "Well, when I got there, the stench of alcohol was very much present. I walked to the kitchen, and there he was, drinking away. He didn't seem very happy to see me, and before I knew it, he-" I started crying right then. I couldn't relive that awful memory again.

Tony pulled me into a hug and whispered, "Shhh, I get the point, you don't have to explain." We stayed like that for a few moments, Tony whispering sweet nothings while waiting for my crying to calm down.

"I feel bad that I didn't get to dance in this beautiful dress that someone gave to me. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you Tony?" I slightly smirked, seeing him look a bit surprised.

The surprise turned into a smirk as he said, "What? Can't a guy give something nice to a beautiful girl he's trying to impress?"

It was my turn to be surprised. "You- You like me, Tony?"

"Who wouldn't? Everything about you is perfect. Besides, I think you're the only one who can take my sarcastic ass and put it in place."

"You've got a point." After a slight pause, I said, "I like you too. I have since I joined, really."

After another moment of silence, Tony said, "JARVIS, play something slow."

"Right away, sir."

Turning to me, he held out his hand and asked, "May I have this dance?" I stood up with Tony and Taylor Swift's "Begin Again" started playing. JARVIS, you sly devil. Tony had one hand around my waist and the other holding my right hand. My left hand was on his shoulder, and we started swaying to the beat.

"Y/N, I have something to ask you." I looked up at him waiting for him to continue, and for the first time since I could remember, his eyes showed nervousness. "Would you be my girlfriend? After a date, or course, I mean-"

I couldn't help the smile on my face at his nervousness and interrupted saying, "Thought you'd never ask." We both started leaning in, his eyes flickering from lips back to my eyes. I titled my head in response, and he captured my lips in a kiss. It was filled with passion, all our love for each other poured out in that one kiss. When we pulled away for a breath, we couldn't help the goofy grins on our faces. Well, guess my theory of no long term relationships with the playboy billionaire was proved wrong. 

(A/N- Hope you guys enjoyed it! Let me know if I should do a part two. Also, what Tony did to help Y/N is called grounding, a technique to help with anxiety.)