A Rowaelin Yulemas Eve ━━━━━━━━»•» 🎄 «•«━ oneshot

'Tinsel?'

'Check.'

'Lights?'

'Yep.'

'Baubles?'

'Yep.'

'The silver and green ones?'

'Uh-huh.'

Aelin whipped her head round to stare at Lysandra who was placing the final box of decorations into Aedion's arms. 'WE FORGOT THE STAR! Of all freaking-'

'Ah, well.' Lysandra just waved a hand, hips swishing as she sashayed out of the shop. Aedion and Aelin followed, the former groaning under the weight of all the boxes.

'Rowan could just perch at the top of the tree in hawk form,' Aelin mused, having calmed down. 'And Dorian could freeze him in place.'

As they walked down the street, children and families gaped and pointed at her - who had just walked out of a stall as if she were a regular shopper and not the Queen of Terrasen. Aelin grinned back and flicked sprays of snowflakes into the air with her flame.

Others gazed at the Wolf of the North, struggling under a pile of Yukemas decorations - and at the shapeshifter in front who had turned into a tiny robin, flitting around and earning squeals from street urchins and children.

Aelin watched the children through soft eyes. It was winter and the nights were colder; the doors to Orynth Palace would be open to them to stay for the snowy nights if they needed.

A carriage pulled up at the end of the street, and Lysandra darted in through the open door, Aedion setting down the presents with a huge sigh behind her. Aelin climbed in after, and the door closed, and then they were off home.

°•°•°•

Every Yulemas was spent together with Dorian and Chaol. On alternate years, they would either gather in Adarlan or Terrasen to celebrate.

Aelin could already hear yelps and squeals of laughter coming from within the doors.

She climbed out, heading for the entrance.

Someone opened the door before she did, and for a moment, she simply stood there, gazing into those brilliant blue eyes.

'Hello, Dorian,' she drawled, cocking her head.

He laughed and opened the door further. 'Hello, you.'

'When did you arrive?'

'About an hour ago. Evangeline is playing with Lilith in the sitting room. Everyone else is there, too.' He offered a sweeping bow, eyes twinkling.

'Oh, stop it,' she said. 'You're king as much as I queen.'

Lysandra and Aedion bustled past, arms full of the new ornaments.
'Hello, handsome,' Lysandra cooed as she swished past. Aedion bristled but said nothing.

'Doing some last-minute shopping I see,' Dorian remarked. 'Anyway,' he added. 'You should come in. I'm keeping you out of your own home.'

She punched his shoulder lightly and closed the door behind her.

°•°•°•

'Hello Chaol and Yrene and Elide,' Aelin beamed. Her smiled faded slightly. 'Hello, Lorcan. Good to see you're doing well in Perranth.' She looked at Elide. 'Are you not bored of him yet? I'm surprised you haven't kicked him out yet - it's been two years already.'

Lorcan growled slightly, and Elide gave an apologetic smile. 'Progress.'

'Ayyin!' burbled a small voice.