2 - Jealousy

january  26,  1996.

mackenzie entered the great hall, inhopes to find her boyfriend, daniel. he was a slytherin, as well as her.

the female practically jumped into his arms, hugging his figure tightly. 〝  finally!  i've been waiting all day to see you —  〞 mackenzie said, releasing her grip on him to take a step back, taking in his beautiful features. receiving the same energy back from daniel, she grabbed his hand, practically skipping to her dorms. something about it all made her feel comforted, happy in knowing she wasn't a complete loner outside of her friendgroup.

pushing the doors open, mackenzie placed herself onto the common room couch, daniel soon following after like a puppy. arms wrap around him, hazel orbs scanning the room only to notice three people coming over her way. those she saw was pansy, blaise, and draco. and now she'd get a chance to introduce!

〝  hey guys!  i want you all to meet daniel!  〞peering over at her brunette boyfriend, mackenzie flashed a bright smiled. 〝 daniel,  my friends.  my friends,  daniel!  〞

pansy and draco were kind about it, but blaise seemed  . . .  off. a sour expression was plastered on his face, almost as if he wasn't enjoying the presence of her so called boyfriend. suddenly, his posture was fixed. stepping up, blaise fixed his uniform. 〝  do you live in a mansion?  got money to provide and support?  does snape like you?  i'd bet he doesn't.  come on,  tell us why you're special.  go on,  impress us!  〞

his words resulted in leaving mackenzie speechless, he was always the sweetheart of the group, she'd expect this behavior from draco. daniel was left stuttering over his words, struggling to find a response. immediately stepping in, cutting off the conversation. 〝  i think that's enough.  blaise?  may i speak to you?  〞

jaw clenching, he agreed. mackenzie made her way towaards the hall, back leaning against the wall. 〝 what in godric was that about? 〞eyes squinted, brows furrowing. she could tell something was bothering him, but it couldn't be daniel, right? she assumed he'd woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

〝  i don't trust him.  〞blaise hissed out, rolling his eyes before turning to walk back. that was his exit most of the time, to just walk away. a soft groan escaped as she followed him, smacking him in the back of the head, mouthing the words ‘  be nice. ’

returning to everybody, the two separate groups went their own ways. mackenzie stayed quiet, keeping to herself. of course she got questioned by daniel a few times, but shrugged it off and told him she was fine. deep down she was struggling to comprehend why blaise was so mad over a boy. she knew he was overprotective, but this was more of jealousy.

was he jealous of daniel?