Beginnings

Leina POV

"She looks so much like him"

Shut up...

"no doubt she will be the next hero"

Stop.

"Wonder how her training is going?"

I have been in his shadow since I was born. I was born in the middle of a war. Mom said Dad died when she was pregnant. She wasn't even 2 months along. His brother helped raise us. Uncle Turaku has a kid now too. His name is Raju. I also heard they found a little girl on her own and they are raising her. Him and Aunt Mia are really helpful. 

Then he was back. The infamous Kanji Tuzimaku. The man's who shadow I stand in. The reason why I barely have a relationship with my own brother. I wish Ken was here like before...

It's has been 5 years now since he left. It was not long after Dad was back from the dead. Literally! Why did they call me strong? He was stronger and I knew that. I trained to catch up to him! I wanted to fight along side him! Yet I am deemed stronger for being first born. I don't want to be strong if that meant I would lose my brother.  

"leina" A voice said bringing me out my thoughts

"Huh? Oh right my job" I said 

I am a bounty hunter. I will take any job as long as it follow the laws. 

"There is supposed to be this illegal weapon exchange at a warehouse. Take them out" My boss said

I nodded and left. I looked at the paper and maybe a transportation symbol to bring me to Eragon. I was a few meters from the warehouse and I peeked in the window. I watched as the two gangs exchanged words. Just as they were about to do the hand off the lights went out. My eyes widened as a red light went through the room taking out members. I jumped in the window activating a spell to conceal my appearance. I took out people and the lights came back and my eyes widened at the sight. Standing there with blood on him was my brother. 

"ken!" I yelled as  i released my spell

He glared at me and ran out. 

"Wait!" I yelled and ran after him. 

I didn't have time to react before his foot collided with my stomach. I flew through the air and i felt as if everything was slowing down. I remembered all the good times we had together. 

"Ken come on! Uncle Turaku said I can go with you guys today!" I yelled 

"Ken wanna train?" I smiled looking at him

I slammed into the wall and fell to the ground. I laid there for a few moments before I stood. He was staring at me. The look in his eyes would strike fear in me if I hadn't expected them. I ran for him again and he pressed a button. My ears twitched hearing a click and I immediately made a shield ball around me. I bounced around before shooting out the warehouse. I saw him below me and I released my shield and flew after him as he drove away on his bike. I was so focused I crashed through leaves before falling down loosing sight of him. He was gone again. 

"Ken..." I whispered

I thought of running after him again but realized i should just head home. I need to check on sheila anyway. I vanished back to the house and I saw my sister training with Dad. I smiled watching her. At least she gets to grow up with him. 

"Leina? You're back early" Mom said appearing out the kitchen. She retired from being a fighter after we was born. She didn't want to have to leave us.

"Oh hey mom yea uh..it ended pretty quick" I said

"is something wrong?" 

"I...I saw him" I said