..:: What's It Like? ::..

Once the school figured out you were dating Mirio, every day was filled with questions and conversations from people you barely knew or didn't even know at all, most of the people being girls of the pestering and jealous nature. They all had the same question every single time, and it honestly annoyed you so much. That question was commonly 'what was it like dating Mirio?' The only reason it annoyed you so much was because of the sudden popularity you gained amongst many girls and boys alike, as if you were suddenly worth something in the eyes of these complete strangers that never used to bother saying hello to you before. So, you never answered them. Your business and Mirio's was none of theirs, and you didn't owe them the time of day if you didn't feel like giving it to them. The attention frustrated you more than anything, so you walked on wishing you were the nobody you used to be before.

The only person you ever freely spoke to on the matter was Hafdo, as she was your closest and truest friend out of the hundreds of students you were surrounded by, and the only person you would ever consider answering that question for. One day she did ask you what it was like to be dating Mirio, as she had overheard many other people asking you the same thing. When she asked, you actually thought about it for the first time, finally having reason to consider it. Unfortunately, you drew a blank and didn't have an appropriate response for her. You told her you'd have to get back to her on that one, and headed off to finish the school day with that question in the back of your mind.

When the day finally came to an end, you mosied on back to your dorm and threw all of your stuff down, still deep in thoughts as you sat on the edge of your bed. You sat still for a moment, then reached for your phone and sent off a text to Mirio asking if you could swing by his room. Within minutes he texted back saying 'of course' with a grinning emoji, so you sighed and headed off to his room. It wasn't too far from yours, and you knocked once you arrived.

"Come in!" His voice called from inside.

After you twisted the knob and stepped inside you were met with a big hug from Mirio, squishing you into his chest. "Oof! Nice to see you too!" You laughed, returning his hug.

"I'm always excited to see my little sunshine!" He said happily. "So what's up? Were you just looking to spend some quality time with little ol' me?" He then asked, giving you a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Yes to the quality time of course! But I do want to vent a little, if that's okay." You explained.

"Oh of course! Tell me anything you need to." He said reassuringly, walking over to his bed to sit with you and talk. "What's on your mind babe?"

You let out a big sigh when you sat down and then fell backwards onto the sheets, staring at the ceiling. "I've been getting the same question from a lot of girls lately. It's really annoying because I know why they're asking it, but lately it's got me thinking a little." You began.

"And that question would be?" He asked, lying down next to you.

"They ask me what it's like to be dating you." You sighed. "It's a little intrusive if you ask me."

"Aaah, yeah. I can see why that would bother you. But now it's got me curious. What is it like dating me _______?" He asked, rolling onto his side to gaze intently at you.

You groaned and blushed a little, knowing you wouldn't be able to escape answering him. "God, that's the problem. I've been thinking about it all day and I can't quite figure out how to summarize it in a short and clear way."

"Hmm, then don't summarize it and say whatever comes to mind then! After all, I am curious now." He encouraged.

"Well... I guess you could say it's both scary and dreamlike. You're so popular and amazing compared to me so I feel like I'm not good enough, but your constant reassurance is what makes everything so dreamlike. You erase my doubt and make me feel special, so it's like I'm dating a ball of sunshine that won't ever let me see darkness. So in short, you're perfect." You elaborated, finally finding the words to describe how you felt.

Mirio stared at you in silence for a moment as a light pink dusted his cheeks. He then smiled brightly with soft eyes, reaching over to hug you once more. "No one has ever described me like that before."

"Really?" You asked, rather surprised.

"Really. Being cool is one thing, but being special to someone is completely different. I knew you were the one." He smiled, kissing you gently on the lips.

You melted into the kiss, happy that you made him feel a whole other level of special that no one else could. When you parted, you held tight to him and looked at him lovingly with your own bright smile now.

"I guess I can update Hado and tell her what it's like then now that I know." You giggled.

"Everyone's that curious huh?" Mirio stated.

"Yeah. I've been asked by more people that you'd expect." You sighed.

"Huh. Well too bad they'll never know for real, because you're my special little sunshine, and I'll be busy loving you forever." He said, nuzzling you.

The joy that came over you in that moment was unmatched to any other time. Happy in his arms, you now truly knew what it was like to be with him. It was like a dream come true; a gift specially made only for you. Your bright sunshine lover, Mirio.