1.10

» You always gain by giving love. «

Lesson #12: Let truth and integrity guide you

Dedicated to: Anyone that's still on Wattpad lol

A/N ~ Idek what to say at this point, I just want to give you guys a couple chapters to finish this book off before I leave for University and kind of finish up on Wattpad xx

I will post again when this reaches... 50 votes and comments :)

POV: Mackenzie Ziegler

˚✧₊⁎༄

˚✧₊⁎༄

I asked Johnny to drop me off at the end of my street, and stayed strong until I saw his car drive out of view. When he was no longer in my sight and I was no longer in his, my legs sank to the ground, my trembling body unable to hold me upright for a moment longer.

The seriousness of what I was about to do washed over me. I was about to break my heart and Haydens. I was about to take away the only home my children had even known. I was about to follow the absolute wildest, strongest, deepest desire of my heart, and change my life to live with a man who my kids called Dad.

The wind swept my hair up and over my face, and my hands came to my cheeks to brush it away dismissively. They shook. I collapsed into the grass on the side of the road, momentarily thankful for the fact that I lived in a quiet neighbourhood. I needed determination. I needed a pep talk.

I called Maddie, my trusty, faithful older sister, and she picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" Was her curious greeting. I never called her in the middle of the day like this.

"Hey," I breathed out.

"What's up?"

"I'm overwhelmed, Mads. I need help. A lot of it." I groaned.

"Oh no, what happened?"

"After the hens night Johnny wound up at mine and...we kind of, sort of, mayyybe made out."

"You–" She was clearly stunned, "You cheated?"

"Somehow," I sighed, "I did."

"Wow. If that isn't proof you're not in love with Hayden, I don't know what is."

"Maddie!" I exclaimed, appalled. Her distaste for Hayden had always been there, but subtle.

"I've been telling you for a long time, Mackenzie, that there is no shame leaving someone you do not love. You've never been fully content with Hayden, and I suspect he with you."

"I know," I sighed defeatedly, "But I didn't realise how bad it was with Hayden until Johnny came into the picture, and now I've done something terrible, and I should have done it all differently." I was on the verge of tears for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

"First things first, calm the fuck down." She deadpanned, and I took a huge gulping breath in. "You're an adult. Right. Got it?"

"Got it," I said, a little weaker than I normally would, but I managed strong words nonetheless.

"Work this out in logical steps, Kenz. What does Johnny say. Please tell me you have talked to him."

"I have."

"And?"

"Well I went with him to see Mom this morning. He didn't know about her passing. Which is probably why I'm so emotional. He said a few words, and then we got in his car and he talked about how mistakes happen, and we can't change what happened, so we just have to deal with the consequences."

"Mackenzie, I don't know if this is going to feel like a slap in the face, but Johnny is exactly right. I mean, you cannot be expected to act like a rational adult who doesn't have any feelings 24-7. You're 23– there are girls your age in college who are partying it up and fucking different boys every weekend, and there are girls your age who don't have half as much responsibility as you do! Let your hair down, for once. Actually let yourself feel something that makes you feel good rather than being selfless and acting on behalf of the twins. They're five, for gods sake, completely oblivious of what you're doing. It's okay to reverse your choices and pick the guy that is right for you, because marriage is not about security, it is about love, Kenzie. It would be unfair to yourself and the kids to marry someone who you aren't in love with, and similarly, it's more than unfair to John. you love him, you silly girl." She laughed wistfully. "You always have. Go get him."

"Why do you always know exactly what to sayyy," I wailed, laughing.

"Because I know you inside out, my love." I could hear her smile from the other end of the phone.

"You know me better than I know myself, I think."

"I do. But Mackenzie, you need to be brave, for there will be some tough times ahead."

"I know." I swallowed, hard. "I know."

"Be honest, with Hayden. I think you will find he will be too."

"Yeah," I breathed, "Hopefully."

"Where are you now?" Maddie asked.

"I'm on the end of our street. Almost home."

"Okay. Do you know what you're going to do when you get there?"

"I'm going to put a movie on for the kids. And then Hayden and I are going to talk."

"Okay. I wish you the best. Call me later tonight, and let me know what happens, yeah?"

"Yeah. I'll call or text. Thank you for chatting with me."

"Don't be silly, we're sisters, thats what I'm for. I love you."

"Love you more, Mads."

"Not possible. Bye lovely."

"Bye." I disconnected the call, took a deep breath, and steps towards home.

˚✧₊⁎༄

˚✧₊⁎༄

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm sorryyy about the boringness of this chapter it's just talking and it's not artistic or pretty at all but I just really felt like I owed you all a chapter and I need to finish this book before Uni in February so here it issss <3
(This is literally copy and pasted from my last chapter lol)

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER

Q) What is the hardest thing you've ever overcome?

A) Accepting my Mother for who she is and acknowledging that she will never change. Deep I know, but at least honest haha

LOTS OF LOVE

You guys are the best I love you more than you know

– Trinity xoxo