Chapter 2 -POV of Shaniqua-

"Awh shyt the school year started already" I said as  I wake up from extremely loud alarm. I try my best to get out the house quick as possible because my family is not your typical Californian family instead of hugs and kisses  we pass around cocaine and molly. Many times I have woken up to gun shots in my neighborhood.  But you see the worst thing is I don't have mama or papa to run to. My mother went to jail when I was 11 for attempt murder of my father and my father really was never around so i basically was raised by my 19 year old brother who sells weed for a living. I look in the mirror every day and I think about my story and how strong I am as a 16 year old living in these conditions. 

When I look in the mirror:

when look in the mirror I see 2 big beautiful brown eyes accompanied with a big pink lips and dark skin with my worst feature my kinky nappy hair. because of my conditions my family cant afford what you call "weave" .

At School:

I see Bianca walking alone with her head in her hands and I go to see what is wrong.

"Hey girl what's wrong." I said

She aint say nunthin. so i shook her a bit and asked her again. she took her hands from off he face and said.

"I wish I was dark like you. I wish I was pretty just like you. I wish people would stop treating me this way because I am light." 

"Come on now don't say that" I answered back

"I have to now they have commented on my religion they said I disobeyed god for being light when I was born black." she said

"Bianca trust me they are just jealous of you and your beauty tbh I wish I was u most of the time just so I can stand out and yes I am yellow and I am proud." I said

We went to school and a couple of girls came up to Bianca and said:

"So you are the bright yellow girl everyone is talking about." 

"Hey if you are trying to pick on her you can back off she already has alot going on." I said. I don't know why they would try to bully they were about the same color as her. It was three of them. 

" No I just wanted to be her friend no need to come for me sweetie." One of them said "BT dubs I was talking to Bianca so bye bye Biatch." she fired back

Yo I was about to knock that bitch out but then I realized this can be Be-Be first chance of friends so I just let them talk. I observed the 3 girls.

   Katia aka Queen Bitch:

About as light as Kendra really pretty long hair. A very snobby attitude. Very nice shape but no butt. I am just getting a cocky vibe from her. 

Kaliah aka Side chick:

Kind of caramel. She was basically the dumb one like bruh. She had a really cute shape booty on fleek and err thing she had her hair in this bob type style.

Katifa aka Bad Bitch:

Literally has no filter whatsoever. She was kind of More bonier than the rest and I think she was the lightest one.  She had her hair in this messy bun it was cute to be honest.

"Excuse me hunty watchu staring at." Katia said

"Apparently you sweetie." I fire back with a smirk 

"Girl you know you thirsty" said Kaliah.

They all started to laugh I even caught Bianca with a little grin on her face. I shot a glance at her. 

The bell rang

Me and Bianca started heading to homeroom.

"I don't know about those girls Be." I said with concerns

"No they cool Shauni trust me we all going to be besties and ain't nobody gonna mess with us no more." she said

"I don't think so I just don't fit in, look if you choose to go with them and discard me just know that you will always be my bestie and that's the truth." I said and I walked the rest of the way to class with out her.