+ CHAPTER TWO +

*third person pov*

A man who was dressed in an all black suit took a big gulp of what was left of the whiskey in his cup and finished up tying his tie. "Do we have more of this?" He raised his now empty glass. The man had clean cut black hair and looked like your typical Italian young man. Chiseled jawline, dark features, thick voice, and lean body. But no Italian man can ever compare to Mr. Caputo's charm.

"No sir, you have finished the whole bottle. You can not just numb your sorrow." Sir Serevino said as he took the glass cup away from him. Serevino is known to be his right hand man, his go too, a wing man, and almost like a father figure. While his father was still alive, Serevino was his "partner in crime" as well. They were close friends, the three of them. The third one, well, let's just say he no longer wanted to do anything with Mr. Caputo's father nor his family. But tonight is the hated man's event and of course he'll be showing off his daughter tonight.

"I do not understand why I am attending this idiotic event." Mr. Caputo turned to Serevino who was fixing his already neatly placed tie.

"Sir, we've been over this."

"Don't you hate him?"

"Hate who sir?"

He gave a loud sigh and sat back in his office leather chair. "Emilio." His voice laced with venom and grew thick with hatred as he said his name. "He made my fathers life a living hell, just because my father married Emilio's high school sweetheart." He hissed with loath as the words came out of his mouth. Severino sat across from him, facing the fireplace that was on the left side of Mr. Caputo's office. "Matthew," his voice became hard, " I do not hate anyone, nor do I trust. I never pity others and I hope others do not pity me. I do not care what a friend or enemy thinks of me. I just simply move on with my day. I do not like to waste my thoughts and feelings on useless things."

In response, Mr. Caputo gave a smile to Serevino. "Words of wisdom, Serevino, words of wisdom." He glanced at Serevino who was fixing his tie once more. He noticed behind him was an unopened whiskey bottle. Getting up from his seat, he walked over to where the bottle was. He began to pour two glasses.

"Here. I think we both need it." Matthew handed the other glass to Serevino who hesitantly grabbed the cup. He was the first one to finish the drink. Matthew laughed and Serevino gave him a sour look. "Basta, basta! You have an event to go to tonight and we might be late."

"And? It is not like I want to go. Plus, Serevino, I do not like showing up early at events that aren't for me." Serevino shook his head in disapproval and headed for the door.

"Serevino," he turned around, "have you met his daughter before?"

"Well sir, possibly when she was a baby but I do not remember."

"Huh. I wonder why Emilio is making it all about his daughter if she is past 21." Serevino gave a confused look.

"Sir? What do you mean past 21?" Serevino moved away from the door.

"Well is she not older than me? I know he has two daughters. One is older than me and the other is just a child."

"Sir I think you-"

"-Well what it doesn't matter," Matthew said, cutting off Serevino from saying something that might have been important. He chugged down the last of the whiskey and headed over to the bewildered Serevino, "Sorry to confuse you. I guess we'll see for ourselves tonight, ay. Tell Ricardo to get the car ready. I'll meet you downstairs." Matthew patted his shoulders and went along.

"When will this boy ever listen to me?" He shook his head once more and left Matthew's office.

This is going to be a long night.

+  wowww okay so yes...I did add an Italian word in the story...a girl gotta do what she gotta do. Also I will officially say that my uploading days are going to be Tuesdays. You can also leave suggestions, about what idk T-T Also this might be a confusing chapter but it'll be thoroughly explained later on in the other chapters +

+ Hope you enjoyed +

+Thank You +