𝟦𝟨 | 𝖫𝖨𝖥𝖤𝟥𝟨𝟢

DEMON AND CORINNE HAD BECOME used to waking up and going to sleep next to each other

DEMON AND CORINNE HAD BECOME used to waking up and going to sleep next to each other. That's the exact reason Corinne didn't understand why he thought she wouldn't notice that he had placed pillows that smelled like him in her arms at three in the morning.

She lied completely still listening to the jangle of his keys as he walked out the room. She grabbed her phone waiting until she saw his location move completely down the street before she texted him asking where he went. She waited for him to respond seeing the read receipt pop up before disappearing with no reply.

She nods her head slowly getting out of the bed and putting on some legging. She already had on one of Demon's shirts so all she had to do was slide into her Crocs and grab her purse, putting her AirPods and charger in the bag before going downstairs.

She goes into the garage and gets in her car before leaving. Corinne drove home to her mother's apartment and went upstairs to get in her bed. She dozes off before getting a text from Demon with an answer to her question.

She wakes up the next morning, going to take a shower picking up her phone to connect to her speaker. She expands the text notifications telling her she had 127 texts from her boyfriend. She unlocks the phone, going into her Settings changing her message setting, allowing her to read previews from her Notification Center.

"Bit-" She starts reading the message notification.

"Why you ain't say you was leaving" She deletes the notifications before getting in the shower. Corinne was letting her thought run wild with theories. "What?" She answers the FaceTime call while still in the shower. "You dramatic." Demon adjusts the phone camera.

"And? Ion think I'm dramatic enough," She retorts. "I responded to yo text." He tells her.

"You saw it and then you turned off your read receipts," Corinne tells him, going in with her scented body wash. "You in the shower?" He asks, finally realizing she wasn't just in the bathroom with the shower on. "Explain yourself." She says, turning up her phone volume, getting suds on the side of her case.

"My momma quit her job and she been staying at a hotel while she quarantine but she felt like she was going relapse so I went and sat with her." He explains. "Is she okay?" Corinne asks, thinking "You still could've said texted that."

"Yeah, my pops and Katrina with her now. I went home just to see that you wasn't there." He says. "You made me mad when you turned off yo read receipts so I went home cause if I would've stayed, I would've followed you." She answers honestly.

He laughs telling her, "You should've. She would've been happy to see you."

"You just left. You gave me that dirty-ass pillow and left like I wasn't gone know the difference. Now my momma think I'm coming back." Corinne tells him.

"My pillow not dirty." He mutters. "It wasn't you. You could've said something." She says getting out of the shower. "So you mad at me for leaving?" He asks. "So you really don't notice that I wake up if you get out the bed?" Corinne always woke up if there was a change being made in her sleeping environment. If somebody got up to use the bathroom, Corinne would know and she wouldn't go back to sleep until they came back.

"You coming back tonight?" He asks. "If you staying then yeah." She tells him, rinsing the suds off of her body. "You can come with me. Everybody gone be out there tonight." Demon says.

"That sounds like a family thing, stink." Corinne smiles at the sincerity, turning off the shower. "And you family." He furrows his eyes brows. "I'm not family." She tells him. "That's just legally though, ma. You family." Demon tells her. She nods, knowing he would go back and forth with her all day. "I'mma make something for you to take her, okay?"

$ $ $

"Ion think that's fair," Katrina complains making De'Anna laugh. "You just gotta accept that I'm her favorite person in this family," De'Anna says making Katrina add Corinne to the call. "Who yo favorite? Out of all of us." Demon says. "Umm...Dior." She tells them. They shake their heads at the fact that she had picked the dog making Demon speak up. "It's cool cause y'all can be the baby favorite."

"Baby?" The four of them ask. It was a clear sign the couple was not on the same page. "Yeah." Demon nods making Corinne asks, "What baby?"

"You know you gone give me a baby for my 21st birthday." He tells her. "She doing what?" Vic asks. "Awe I ain't tell y'all? I decided-" Demon starts explaining his elaborate plan.

"How you gone decide?" Katrina smacks her lips. "Cause I'mma nut in-" He starts to explain. "Shut up!" Corinne whines putting them on pause. "Priest gone beat yo ass." Vic just shakes his head. "Just wait, till he hears about this."

Vic and Kairi's relationship got better because they both played too much when it came to their kids' relationship. "Don't do that cause he gone get mad at me." Corinne pouts coming back to the screen.

"He be mad at the world, ole drunk ass," Vic says making Corinne mug him. "Don't talk about my daddy." She says making them laugh. "She a daddy's girl." Vic and De'Anna tease. "Oh yeah, she a daddy's girl fasho," Demon says making his girlfriend roll her eyes before adding that to the list of things he had said during the call that she planned on confronting him about.

She didn't truly understand how similar their family dynamics were until this call. Both of their fathers had been in long-term relationships with women that weren't their mothers yet they would jump through hoops for them. Corinne and Katrina were the babies and they were put on a high shelf like a trophy.

Kairi and Vic expected the best out of their daughters meaning they couldn't get away with half of the shit their older brothers did and said.

♥︎♥︎♥︎
a/n: thank y'all for 100k reads! i appreciate y'all sooo much! i finished writing yesterday so expect daily updates 🤍

♥︎♥︎♥︎a/n: thank y'all for 100k reads!  i appreciate y'all sooo much! i finished writing yesterday so expect daily updates 🤍