nine

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

AN: My book His Getaway has been nominated for Best Diverse Fiction in the Fiction Awards. Voting is unlimited and would mean the world if you could vote for me, instructions to vote are on my message board. If you can't find the link, I've added the Fiction Awards to my reading lists so it's easily accessible!

All you have to do is write +1 next to His Getaway @dreammcatcher — voting is unlimited so vote as many times as possible!

Love you guys all the world x

MYLA VELLA

Remy invited me on a road trip, making sure that we both had the Saturday off. Carter drove in his mini van and we all packed in, it was deceiving from the outside. Inside, the five of us were crammed together, Carter happily spaced out.

"I'm so glad it's so hot!" Remy smiles as she glances out the window, the sun was beaming down and honestly, I did not agree.

There was nothing I hated more than the weather when it was scorching, I never felt comfortable enough to take off my long sleeved jumpers. My skin flammable as it is, not like I wanted to damage my scar tissue.

Carter drives us to an awesome view point, right on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Michigan lakes. Everything looked so bright and vibrant, never have I seen something so pleasing to the eye.

Climbing out of the van, almost wincing when the sun hits my face. I needed factor fifty all over my body just to be extra safe. Having convinced Remy to bring an umbrella before I burn, Jake and Carter lift it out of the back and stub it on the floor beside me.

My eyes peak up at them, Jake's lingering on mine for a moment too long. "Thanks," I nod as I quickly take shield under.

"You ever been sunburnt so bad you were hospitalised Myla?" Zack jokes but when I begin to nod his eyes shoot open.

"Oh shit," he says. "Really?"

"Yep," I nod as everyone sits down around me. "When my dads first adopted me they obviously were aware of my fair skin, so they took me out for a play date but forgot to put sunscreen on the back of my neck. I came up in blisters, it wasn't great."

"Oh my god," Emily says instantly.

"Your dads must have felt so bad," Remy pitches in.

"Yeah so bad but now they know, layered up with as much shade as possible." I laugh as I continue to pull down the sleeves on my jumper.

"Surely the long sleeved top makes it worse?" Carter comments as he watched my actions. "You must be boiling."

I don't miss the way everyone continues to stay silent and look directly at me, like they were all confused as to why I was wearing it in this kind of heat.

My shoulders shrug. "I think it helps so I wear it,"

Remy smiles at me and look at how her golden tanned skin looked so good against her light denim shorts and little cami top. I wish I could wear things like that but instead I prefer answering questions I feel comfortable answering.

"Well as long as you don't pass out on us," Emily points a finger at me before grabbing her backpack from her side.

"Right, where is the food at?" Carter questions as he rubs his hands together, his eyes looking over at Emily.