Her

A/n

This chapter is unedited so please excuse any grammatical errors.

*****

The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it's as if a hand has come out, and taken yours."

- The History Boys

*****

Alpha Dominic's P.O.V.

One year, just one more year left. If the prophecy is true we have to be ready. But we have not found her yet.

The only hope this kingdom have, our Luna or how I would prefer to address her Luna Queen, this kingdom's luna, my future daughter-in-law and my son's mate.

My son would turn 20 next week but still he has not found her yet, most wolf's find their mate by the age of 18 but he has not.

He has always wanted a mate, I remember how he would always ask his mom about mates and how he will treat her and share all his toys with her when he finds her. He was so full of life. But looking at him now, I miss that small child who used to run around the pack grounds worrying his mother, talking to everyone interested and adored by all. Life has not been easy on him. He had grown up too fast never getting the chance to live his childhood and there not being a single person who had loved and cared for him without any selfish intentions and with an disgrace for a father.... it has hardened him.

But I was proud of him, the way he has turned out, I couldn't be more grateful. It pained me to see the longing in his eyes whenever he looked at other mates.

But he knows the responsibilities that will fall on her shoulder once he finds her. He may not admit it, but as much as he longs for her he is scared. Scared that something will happen when he finds her, once he accepts her,once he starts loving her, something that will take her away, from him.

Very few people know about this prophecy, but they need to know.

If it turns out true then we have to be ready.

"Cole" I called out to my Beta.

"Yes Alpha"

"Make preparations for Alex's birthday and make sure all Alpha's are invited and each and every unmated she- wolf is present. This is our last chance, we have to find her!"

*****

Alex's P.O.V.

Where are you?

It was the same question I have been asking myself for the last 2 years. Since my 18th birthday me and my wolf, Thane, have been longing to see our mate.

Next week I will turn 20. If not for the circumstances I would have went around all the packs looking for her but I can't do that to her. Not her. Sometimes I think it would be better if I don't find her till-

A soft knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. Turning around from where I was standing at the window looking over the pack grounds, I saw my step- mother standing at the door. I nodded to her to enter. She was short with the height of 5.3, blonde with bright green eyes and a beautiful smile.

"Julie, what's the matter?" I asked walking over to my desk which was piled up with various pack documents. A look of hurt crossed her face, but she immediately covered it with her bright smile, but this time it didn't reached her eyes. I felt a little guilty for not calling her mother, but I just... I can't.

She has been nothing but kind to me and loved me as her own child, the way she has helped my father, I would be forever grateful for it. She had been hoping for the last five years, but I just-

"Your dad sent this list for you dear" she said handing me a paper.

"What list?"

"Uh- um... it's the list of all the Alpha's who are invited for your birthday next week."

"And?" I asked. "I thought you were going to plan everything like last year?"

She smiled at me sheepishly and I knew this will not be something I would like to hear.

"Your dad wants to throw a ball-"

"What?!"

"-and he is inviting Alpha's from all over the Kingdom"

"WHAT?!" That old man! Why is he so eager to make my life living hell! I narrowed my eyes at Julie.

"The invitations are already sent right?" I asked through gritted teeth.

She nodded smiling sheepishly at me, I huffed a breath groaning out loud.
She patted my shoulder in a motherly way before walking out of the room, leaving me with my own thoughts.

I wanted to reject this stupid idea. He thinks I don't understand what he is doing! I have told him, I don't want a mate atleast not right now. But a small part of me, the selfish one really wanted to meet her, to hold her, to protect her, to... to lo-

NO

I can't do that to her. No, I can't.

But he thinks she will be strong. Strong enough to face anything that comes at her.

My mother was also strong! But what happened to her!

Sometimes I wish that I would never find her-

"LIAR". My wolf, Thane growled in my head.

I groaned out loud, "You know we can't!"

"Mate will be strong!"

"But what if she's not! What if we drag her into this mess only to lose her, if that damn prophecy is really true!"

My wolf whimpered at that thought, but we both knew it was true.

I can only hope that I don't find her till this mess gets cleared or else....

******

Sooo....

I hope you guys liked it!

It was my first try, so yeah it's not great but I want to learn and improve so I'm happy I'm giving this a try:)

Don't forget to vote and comment.