Chapter 13

Same day

Same day..

Francy's p.o.v

I entered my house in a daze. No one was there. "Mom..Dad..." I yelled, but no one answered. "Kai, Rehan?" Still nothing.

I dragged my feet to the kitchen and grabbed the pot. After I boiled the water in it, I added a tea bag lazily and waited. I reached to get the milk and saw the note on the fridge..

We went shopping for snacks. We'll be back soon. Mom, dad and Rehan.

I left the note there and made my way to the living room with the tea. I dropped on the couch and covered myself with the blanket I left there this morning.

Wrapping myself all the way to my neck I brought the mug up, letting the steam heat up my face.

"Ahh, what a day."

I can't believe what just happened. I reached down for my bag and dragged out my cell phone. I called Remi and she instantly picked up.

"Hello?" She answered confused.

"Remi is me."

"Oh god, I thought I would get a call from the cops." She sighed. "What the hell happened? Is Ace alive? Is this why you're calling me so late?"

"Did you not get the car yet?" I asked.

"No. I made up a lie at home, that we left it at your place because we were doing some decorative interior work."

"Good thinking."

"What happened? Is everyone okay?"

"Everything is fine with Ace. I think. Kai is with him. If there was anything wrong he would have texted. I'm just worried why he hasn't returned the car yet. I'll text you as soon as they get home. I'll ask Kai what happened."

"Did you just get home? You could have called me, you know."

"Remi..." I took a deep breath.

"M?"

"Never mind. You wouldn't believe me."

"Don't tease me girl. Spill."

I bit my lower lip. "Remember that stranger that saved my cat?"

"Yeaaaah?"

"I saw him again."

"What? Where ? How?"

So I told Remi my story patiently waiting between her "Oh", "Oh my god" and other squeeles.

"That is the most romantic thing I have ever heard." She sighed.

"I know. I feel like I just woke up from a dream. I'm in such a daze I can't even think or talk or scream."

"But what now? How are you going to meet him again?"

"Did you hear half the story? I'll never meet him again."

"But if you go to that coffee shop again you might."

"I don't.. ah. I know. But the fact that he didn't even ask for my name bothers me. I don't wanna get heartbroken by a guy like that. I'm not single anyways. I have my fake boyfriends to worry about."

"But this is fate."

I sighed. "Remi you know I don't believe in it. If a story like that could happen to me, It would have already."

"And it did. This is the story."

"Let's talk tomorrow. I need to sleep on this. His eyes keep popping back into my head and I keep feeling his warm touch on my head. Now I know how It feels to completely lose your mind."

"Okay. Fine. But I'm changing your mind tomorrow. Night."

"Night." I hung up the phone and dropped my head on the pillow.

The door unlocked and Kai and Ace walked in.

"Hello brothers." I said not bothering to move. "How was your day?"

"Did you just get home?" Ace said looking at my clothes.

"Yes. I went shopping. Where have you been brother?" I asked, raising my brow and rose from the bed. "Care to clarify why everyone was looking for you today?"

"um Kai will explain. I have to go take a dump." He ran up the stairs in a second. Coward.

Kai kicked his shoes off and sat on the couch next to me. "We were looking for some computer parts and then had to wait for Lucy to come back to the den to take them. Have to say Francy, his stare brings chills. Lives up to his reputation."

I remembered someone else whose eyes brought me chills.

"Though that place seemed damn cool. Did you also see those huge screens?"

"Yes, but more important than that, what about Remi's truck?"I asked, remembering.

"We drove home with her truck. I told Ace I borrowed it from Remi so we avoid you looking suspicious."

My heart stopped. "You told this to Ace? That YOU asked for the truck?"

"Yes." Kai nodded.

Oh my fuckin god.

"Kai..um how about if Ace asks any more questions, send him to me. His girlfriend did come to me for help and I need to be included in the story for it to make sense."

"Nonsense. I got it covered." He smiled and I smiled back.

You little idiot. I know Ace is not going to believe that for one second when you can barely look Remi in the EYES.

Suddenly the door opened and Rehan ran inside.

"CODE RED. I REPEAT CODE RED." He yelled dropping bags of groceries on the ground.