PLATFORM ZERO

PLATFORM ZERO

Waiting for a train in the dull and rather empty London Underground was a tall man of around 6”5, wind from the trains and the cold air blowing rather harshly as he stood on the platform for the Jubilee Line

Standing on that platform was never going to be a pleasant thing for the normal passenger. Stains of drinks and smells of rats infested it completely, it was fair to say it was horrible.

A heavy cough came up from his chest, making the man pull out his newly prescribed blue and white asthma pump.

The city of London had given him asthma. And not even a light form of it, it was horrible and constant.

And that was one of the contributors to the actions which were about to follow. It was close to midnight, and the man started shuffling his feet closer and closer to the gap where the trains pulled through.

A singular tear rolled down his cheek as he thought about his final moments being on one of the most disgusting and horrid places on Earth, and he stuck his left leg out.

“Wait!” someone exclaimed from behind, making the man turn around and cancel any form of plan to end his life he had before.

He looked for the voice for a few seconds, luckily this was enough time to let the breeze of the train go past him and stop moving, coming to a halt behind him.

“You were aware that stepping then wouldn’t have gotten you on the train?”

He stared at the person in front of him with wide eyes. He didn’t care at how weird he looked staring at this enigma of a girl, he had just tried to kill himself for gods sake!

She was rather short compared to him, that’s why he initially struggled to spot them. It was quite dark down there, a couple of the lights had been vandalised by passerby’s.

Even though she was short, her piercing green eyes made her even more intimidating. She was actually that intimidating that the man felt himself cower.

As the two strangers exchanged a very intense stare, the man analysed her appearance more. She had blue dyed hair, but it had faded out from washing and had the occasional brown streak to it. The man liked it, it added character to her.

She had a pink tint to her cheeks, contrasting to her pale skin. It made her seem rather sweet, which looked very different to how her eyes were eyeing him up in a condoning tone.

The man asked himself why on earth this beautiful girl would stop him? Why on earth would she take time out of her day to make sure that one less person didn’t commit?

He was a nobody. He had no special qualities, he was practically a ghost already.

What did he have going for him? Not much, that was for sure. He was at home, a struggling musician with no desirable personality traits. He also had his twitch streams, but they were so inconsistent now that it was pathetic.

He felt that he must seem rather rude for just standing and staring, so after a few more seconds of processing what just happened, he managed to stutter out a “Who are you?”

The girl grinned, almost as if the previous situation didn’t just happen “Me? I’m Holly Richardson, who are you?”

The man smiled internally, she seemed rather sweet. “Wilbur” he said, her eyebrow raising in a way which made him feel like he needed to carry on. “I’m Wilbur Soot”.

 “I’m Wilbur Soot”

●○•°•○●

“There's a reason, that London puts barriers on the tube line.”

“There's a reason, they fail.”

●○•°•○●