Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV

The two lovers only shed the dust of sleep from their eyes in the hours after breakfast was served, waking in Chaeyoung's warm and toasty bed. Chaeyoung lay on her side, taking in the sight that she'd so missed. A small smile graced her pale features. "Hello, Mina."

Mina sat up slowly and ran her hands through slightly tangled tresses. With a twinkle in her eyes, she then leaned down on one arm and kissed Chaeyoung's ear. "Why, hello, Chaeyoung."

"You have bewitched me, my Goddess," Chaeyoung murmured as she pulled Mina back onto the bed and into her arms. They lay comfortably spooned together, in Chaeyoung's tangled sheets of black silk.

Mina's  face fell, however, when she heard the word 'bewitched'. Her soft hair brushed against Chaeyoung's face as she shook her head in protest. She turned her body around, angling her face such that Chaeyoung could not see her eyes.

"Chaeyoung,you must believe me, I stopped trying to use my spells on you ages ago. And I'm sorry that in the beginning I even tried. Chaeyoung…" Mina sighed deeply. "… I would give anything to make you believe me."

Chaeyoung was mortified. She hugged her lover tightly, tilting Mina's  head so that their eyes met. "I know. Look, I didn't mean it so literally. I really do believe you, Mina."

Mina still looked worried. Chaeyoung swallowed. She hadn't meant to make Mina uncomfortable. "Mina,you said you would give anything to make me believe you. I would give anything back, for you to believe me." She buried her face in  Mina's neck. "So lose that expression, please."

Those dark brown  eyes slowly regained their familiar twinkle. Mina placed a happy kiss on Chaeyoung's lips, and threw back the covers to get up. Relieved, Chaeyoung rolled out of bed and carelessly threw a black robe across her pale, naked body.

Mina  broke into a suggestive smile as her eyes roved up her lover's toned body. Chaeyoung carried herself in a way like no other. She thrummed with a dark energy, barely contained. Her movements were swift and her mind sharp. Mina  let out a besotted sigh. She really couldn't help how she was drawn to Chaeyoung  nor would she change it for anything. Swinging her feet down onto the pale marble floor, she expected her feet to feel the sting of cold marble, but to her surprise it was instead pleasantly warm.

Chaeyoung waited for her as she put on a set of pale violet robes. She chose a golden clasp, one studded with rubies, to pin the ensemble together. A servant most probably had come in during the early hours, while they were yet asleep. Crystal clear water sloshed about in a bronze basin as she washed the last remnants of sleep from her face.

Chaeyoung was the first to speak as they left the chambers. "I could show you around my castle, if you want. After breakfast." She looked nervous. "We can do whatever you want."

Mina reached out for her lover's arm and wrapped it around her waist. She felt Chaeyoung reflexively pulling her closer and smiled. "Don't you have duties to attend to? When you left, you spoke about them, and I don't want to keep you from them. As long as you bring me along."

"I have my minions," Chaeyoung grumbled back. "When I got back from Heaven I gave them my orders. I dare say they will not slack off while they can still feel my presence in the Underworld."

"You're a big, bad minion lord, Chaeyoung. … I am the big, bad minion lord's lover! Watch out, I bite!" Mina laughed softly as she bit Chaeyoung's  reddening ear.

The lady of the underworld spluttered a little. "I just meant that there is some part of me performing the functions of Death, Mina! But for the most part, I am all yours." A faint blush and a small pout. Chaeyoung was truly adorable. Mina  felt her heart do a little somersault.