2x27

This one shot is an alternative to episode 2x27. 

"Are you okay?" Finn asked her. Meredith couldn't breath. She could feel his gaze. Derek's eyes hadn't left hers since she got there. It's like he could read her thoughts and send his own through a single look.

"I'm fine I'm just, claustrophobic. I'm going to go get some air." She lied. She didn't want to lie to him, but she didn't know how to say "no I'm not fine, the only thing that I can think about is a married man's tongue down my throat" without sounding insane.

Derek knew what he was doing to her. He knew that he could make her squirm with a simple glance. But why? Why would go out of his way to get her attention when he had a gorgeous, intelligent, world class surgeon right in front of him. He had no idea. The only thing he could be certain of was his desire for the dark and twisty intern. "I have to go check on a patient. I'll be right back." He followed her into the hospital.

"Meredith!" He ran to catch up to her speed walk.

"Leave me alone!" Her tone was sharp. She wanted to punch him more than she wanted to sleep with him. That was saying something. She stumbled into an exam room and closed the door behind her.

"Meredith wait." He slid into the door before it closed completely.

She turned around to face him, making sure to keep a distance. "I said leave me alone." She got louder, "Why is it so hard for you to stay away from me? You talk to my friends about me!" She noticed his confused expression. "Oh don't think I don't know about your conversations with Cristina."

"Mer." He took a step closer to her and she took a step back.

"No! Why? You chose Addison. You left me for her." Unexpected tears formed in her eyes. He didn't know if they were tears of sadness, or pure anger. Meredith continued with her rant. "And I get it, okay. I do. She's your wife and you have responsibilities. But why do you constantly feel the need to talk to me? To be around me? Requesting me on surgeries and stalking me in elevators."

"I don't stalk you." He cut her off.

"Sure you don't!" She got louder and the tears that had barely formed streamed down her face. "Damn it Derek you called me a whore!" She screamed at him. Derek hadn't realized how much his actions and words impacted her. He didn't know how to explain his reasonings. "If you really feel that way about me then why can't you just stay away from me! Huh? Why can't you just leave me alone!"

"Because." He stared at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact with her. His heart was beating rapidly.

"Because what?" Her tone cold, but her words loud.

"Because I can't!" He hesitated at first but now, all the words spewed out at once. "Because I can't sleep with my wife without wondering if you're doing the same with someone else. Because every time I see you I want to do that thing with my tongue that drives you crazy. Because I know that there's a chance you're wearing hello kitty panties and you'd still find a way to make them sexy." He took a few steps toward her with every sentence. Once he got as close as he could, Derek brought his lips to her ear and whispered.

"Because I know exactly what to do to make you moan. To make you scream my name."

Meredith could feel herself getting wet. She didn't want to. She was not only angry at him, but it was wrong. Derek's hand fidgeted with the hem of her dress. He moved his lips to her other ear. Whispering again, slower this time.

"And I know that you're incredibly wet. And when you leave this room, you're going to find an empty on call room and touch yourself. Because that's what you do." His hand lifted up her dress and traveled to hook into the side of her panties. "So why not let me do it for you, Doctor Grey?"

Sex scene happens and Denny dies (R.I.P) the end.