115 - Shinsou

Wake, I can't resist, could I be dreaming this?

Kaori Shinsou was coming down from a mellow high as she found herself on the couch in the common area of 1-A's dorm. She didn't even really know what she was doing here. She knew she had been helping some of them out with their course work and their assignments, but at which point she had gotten high and what she had done in-between was a mystery to her. She was pretty sure that Mina and Denki had something to do with it. She didn't mind, though. She was happy here on the couch, leaning back and watching TV with a bunch of first years around her.

They had put on some silly show or something and were feeding her cookies, so Kaori didn't mind being there at all. It was a good place to be for someone who was as high as she had been. And at least she wasn't on her own when she came down from her high. She sat up with a groan.

"Hey, why's that shitty show on again?" Kaori heard someone asking. She blinked and glanced behind her and saw the angry blond kid standing there. Bakugou. That was his name.

"Well, maybe some of us enjoy it?" Mina retorted with a roll of her eyes. Bakugou sneered at her.

"Who here actually enjoys that crap?" Bakugou yelled. Kaori yawned and stretched her arms. God, she was tired.

"Well, what else do you wanna watch? The fucking news?" Mina countered. Kaori really couldn't care less about what they were watching right now. Whatever was going on in this show, she probably wouldn't manage to catch onto what was happening anyway. Maybe the news wasn't such a bad idea.

"Better than this bullshit!" Bakugou shouted. Mina rolled her eyes and groaned in frustration.

"Fucking FINE!" she shouted back at him, before aggressively changing the channel to the news.

"It's Enji Todoroki!" a reporter said loudly. Wait what? What was going on? Kaori sat up and looked closer. This wasn't the regular news. This was a live broadcast! What the... Something big was going on for that to happen... Kaori glanced over at everyone else. Their eyes were widened and they looked just as shocked.

There was an explosion going off in one of the buildings and there were screams and shouting. Police were pushing people back frantically. And Enji Todoroki was in the middle of this. In the middle of that explosion. What the hell was happening? Kaori moved to the edge of her seat on the couch.

"Dear God..." Midoriya muttered as the smoke started clearing up and they saw Todoroki on the ground, bleeding from his head and looking like he was dead or about to die. On top of him was one of those bio-engineered guys. Nomu. Fuck, when had they made a comeback? Kaori gulped.

They all heard a door falling shut and everyone turned around to see a boy standing there, half his face scarred. Shouto Todoroki. Shit. Had he just seen his dad die? On live TV? He looked like he did.

"Todoroki!" Kirishima exclaimed, almost shocked to see him here. His face was fixed on the TV, as everyone looked at him nervously. They all knew that he didn't get along with his father too well.

"That's right, folks. This single terrorist appeared out of nowhere and is now wreaking havoc in the city! And while this is unconfirmed, we're hearing about a horde of engineered Nomu as well. Police at the scene are either engaged in combat or assisting with evacuation! But Todoroki was the first to act and now he's..."

The reporter was pausing uncomfortable, as everyone looked at the TV in shock. The whole place looked like it had been completely bombed into the ground. How had they managed to destroy this much? Kaori was getting a headache just thinking about it. She remembered the rescue training facility... she remembered that one Nomu and apparently it wasn't even a very sophisticated one...