Partyyyy

I can't believe we're doing this behind my dad's back. I'm stressing the hell out already and only Brooke and this kid Eli are here. I quickly shove on a fresh t shirt and fix my hair. I slowly walk out of the room, to the stairs and crouch as soon as I hear my name.
"Sierra is just...so boring right now." Brooke scoffs.
"What do you mean?"
"She's either playing some stupid game or training that fur ball rat, smoking or complaining."
Ouch.
"She's going through a lot, Brooke." Emma chuckles. "She's not boring, she's calmed down."
"Sometimes I preferred the junkie."
What the fuck?
"Brooke! That's harsh, Sierra bettered herself for you."
That's enough, I quickly stand up and make my way down the stairs, loudly so they can hear me coming.
"Hi." I mumble, shoving past the two.
I walk outside and light up a cigarette to calm myself down, I'm going to lose my shit if I hear anymore bitching about me.
"Didn't think you could be so rude." Brooke laughs.
"I heard you." No point in lying to her. "You think I'm boring. I'm guessing that's why you keep going behind my back."
"That's not what I meant."
"I'm not stupid, Brooke. I'm boring to you." I turn to look at her.
"I'm sorry."
"You're only sorry because you got caught."
"No, I mean it...I just...miss us."
"I'm here, we haven't broke up." I shrug.
"I feel like you're avoiding me even when I am there."
"Things are just hard, I don't even wanna be in therapy, my mom's birthday, this party." I toss the cigarette into the ashtray.
"Your dad's gonna let you go, I know he will." Brooke tries to smile. "Let's just try to enjoy this?"
"Fine."

I watch Stavo hand out shots for when Kieran walks in, I don't trust this guy at all. He's so...shifty...maybe I'm imagining things. I take the glass from the tray and wait patiently.
"Surprise!"
I quickly down the shot and move on with the party. Eventually, I start feeling...weird? Like dizzy and sick, really sick so I do what everyone else is doing, find a place to upchuck whatever was in my stomach.
"What's going on?" I look at Emma, trying to keep myself upright.
"I don't know...maybe its the tequila?"
Of course, Stavo gives us a whole thing about this kind of tequila and what it can do and how it makes him super relaxed. Idiot.
"Jake would do this." I groan.
"Don't blame him!" Brooke frowns.
"He sent us the bottle!" I shove past everyone and head to the living room.
Then it hits me, all at once.

I look around, the tunnel vision starting around my eyes. Shit. I look at the corner of the room and gasp, mom.
"Mom?" I can hear how distant my voice sounds.
She walks towards me slowly, her smile bright as it always was.
"You did this." Her smile fades.
"I didn't mean to!" I back myself into another corner.
Her whole body changes to the pale, bloody head, dead mom that I killed.
I curl into myself to protect my own being, I can't hear my voice anymore.
"Sierra, come on." I feel someone helping me to my feet.
"I didn't mean it." I whisper.
"Lets get you to bed." I look at the face, Audrey.
"Where's Brooke?" I look around.
"She's fine, you need to rest."
I feel so weak, my knees shake every time I take a step. Audrey kindly leads me to my bedroom and helps me lay down.
"Brooke." I groan.
"Sierra, please just lay there and don't do anything."
"She's probably screwing some other guy already."
"Ouch...what do you see in her?"
"I dunno, she's beautiful, funny, a total bitch which is my type, and she's the only girl that..." I stop, groaning again.
"That what?"
"That makes me feel special." I chuckle softly. "I'm an idiot."
"I'm inclined to agree, you are an idiot."

I sit on the couch, trying to focus on the lecture from the sherif. Jeez, I thought my dad was bad for this stuff. Speaking of, he bursts into the door with Maggie. He looks right at me and frowns.
"Seriously? Have you learned nothing from your mother?!"
"Just tell the whole damn world, dad." I roll my eyes.
"I thought I could trust you enough to go to the city on your own...I guess not." He sighs.
I can feel my entire being shatter, did he just use that against me?
"Nathanial, this wasn't Sierra's idea. It was mine, I thought after everything we went through and coming back we could act like normal teenagers." Emma cuts in.
"Sierra has acted like a teenager enough." My dad looks me in the eyes.
"Maybe, you should let her go." Maggie smiles. "A break might be good."
I can see my dad falter in his facade, he used to do that with mom. She could just look at him and he would give in, now its not her and its someone else.
"Okay, you can go." He nods. "But you're getting a motel room and you come home by eleven the next night."
"I can do that." I shrug.
"So you know, you have to leave in the morning." He looks at his watch. "So go, alone...no one stays tonight."

You would think maybe, just maybe me leaving this morning would mean Brooke wants to talk, but I guess not. I quickly send a text to let her know I'm leaving for the city. I guess I'm doing this alone. I've never drove to the city alone, my dad's usually in the passenger seat with me so this is kinda scary.

So, my ignorant ass didn't get a motel room, as if I'd stay anywhere like that with drunk idiots and well, hook ups.
"Hey mom." I crouch in front of the headstone, laying the flowers down.
"I guess you know I've been an idiot, and some things never change." I mumble.
This is depressing, I should be talking to my mom face to face, not to a headstone. As the sun goes down, I look around and make myself comfortable in front of my mom's grave, letting myself go to sleep.

"Look who it is, sleeping rough." I feel a slight kick to my foot.
I groan and sit up, stretching as I do.
"Wasn't expecting to see you out here being a bum." I look at the familiar face.
"Vivian." I stand in and dust myself off.
"Fletcher, good to see you again."
We hug quickly, but as we pull back my ex starts inspecting me.
"You look different."
"I got clean." I shrug. "And your friends getting murdered does things to you."
"Oh yeah, Lakewood six member." She lightly punches my arm. "Let me buy you a coffee, you still smoke or are you completely a bore?"
I roll my eyes, does everyone think this version of me is boring? I pull out a pack of smokes and light one up.
"Lets go."
We take a walk over to Starbucks, oh god I missed this place. Decent coffee at last. We take a seat outside once we grab our drinks.
"So, why were you in a graveyard?" I raise my eyebrow.
"I was paying respects to Max and Jason."
"Shit...what happened?"
"Jason overdosed, idiot. Max, got drunk and fell in front of a train, they had to scoop him off the tracks man. It was gross."
"Nice to see you haven't changed." I scoff.
"You would have laughed before you moved away."
"I guess, I just can't find things like that funny anymore." I shrug, lighting up another cigarette.
"So, have you met anyone?"
I nod slowly, taking a sip of the coffee.
"Brooke, she's the mayors daughter."
"Nice, is she better than me?" She smirks.
"Vivian, anyone is better than you." I finish up and stand. "I gotta get going."
"Well, don't be a stranger."
We hug again, this time tightly. Vivian has always been...psycho? I dunno, she's not wife material in all honesty. She has a nasty side, and I don't ever wanna cross that. I quickly check my phone and smile slightly.

Brooke:
I'm sorry about last night, I was a bitch. I miss you, can we hang ouf when you get back?

I text back, agreeing to do something. Maybe I'll pick stuff up and we can go to the lake, be cheesy for once. Maybe things are looking up for us.