Piper and Finn Discuss the Future

7x24

Considering nothing about Dancemania had gone as planned, it really shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone when it was revealed that Maria was rigging the competition for Richelle to win. Throughout the entire show, Piper had clung to the idea that win or lose, she would be a professional dancer no matter what.

But then A-Troupe and Richelle disqualified themselves from the competition, resulting in the nullification of their Dancemania contracts and, thus, the loss of their professional status.

There would be no world tour. There would be no professional dance career.

But at least they still had Nationals.

As Piper stood in line with her teammates, waiting to board the plane that would take them home, she could overhear Henry enthusing about Nationals with Kingston and Kenzie further ahead. Amy directed a soft smile in her boyfriend's direction as his words travelled back to them. "I don't think anyone's more excited about Nationals than Henry," she commented to no one in particular.

"I don't know. I may have him beat," Finn said, "When we win, we get to go to Internationals! I heard a rumor it's going to be somewhere in Europe."

"Oh, I've always wanted to go to Europe!" Amy enthused before tilting her head to the side, a teasing glint forming in her eye. "Do we need to assign someone to hold your hand so you actually make it to the airport next time?"

Finn simply rolled his eyes. "How long have you been waiting to make that joke?" he asked dryly.

"Since the plane took off without you," she quipped with a smirk.

Giggling, Piper interjected, "Oh, don't even worry about it. That's never happening again. I'll make sure of it." Her tone may have been joking, but she was fully serious. The morning that Finn had missed the Dancemania flight had been one of the worst mornings of her life, and she was never going to let him put her through that again. That she would make sure of.

As they discussed Nationals and Internationals, Summer stood next to Amy, her arms crossed and lips pursed. As the jabs at Finn died down, Summer cut into the conversation. "Guys, I don't know about this."

"What do you mean?" Amy asked, still smiling as the three of them turned their attention to her.

"B-Troupe has been working really hard for Nationals. They're not going to give it up that easily," Summer told them in concern.

"Okay, but we're the team that won Regionals," Finn pointed out, "If we can compete at Nationals, they have to let us."

"Yeah, no one on B-Troupe even competed at Regionals. They'll get disqualified before they even make it to the stage," Amy added.

"Exactly," Finn agreed.

"I know," Summer muttered quietly, looking away and shaking her head. She didn't say anything else as she pointedly fixed her gaze on the plane outside the giant window of the airport, her lips still pursed.

Amy and Finn continued discussing Nationals, completely unconcerned about B-Troupe, but Summer's words had made Piper pause. B-Troupe's plans to compete at Nationals had never even crossed her mind when A-Troupe realized that they could still go to Nationals if they weren't considered professional dancers. Summer seemed concerned about taking this opportunity away from them, and maybe she was right to be. B-Troupe had been preparing for Nationals for months while A-Troupe prepared for Dancemania. If Piper was in their shoes, she could only imagine that she wouldn't be very happy about it if another team was determined to take their place in the competition they'd been working so hard for.