cнapтer 3

There she was. Sitting in her desk in a new classroom, with a new environment and new people. Yumeko isn't one to settle in with change, but she had her ways of adjustment. After a small introduction, she tended to herself, no one approached or even looked her way. Which she was okay with.

Her first period was science. Which she was happy to start the day off with. It has always been one of her favorite subjects ever since she was younger. She would even be one of those kids who'd attend the science fair every year, getting top 3 each time.

Throughout the period, Yumeko enjoyed the way the teacher taught. Every thing he'd say would just make since, so as a result the teen would jot down nearly everything. After awhile, the class ended which means she had 20mins until her next class. Gathering her things, the teacher approached her.

"Jabami isn't it?" the teacher said with a warm smile.
"Yes.. Jabami, Yumeko Jabami." the teen responded. The teacher shifted his weight, he seemed slightly unsettled even from the beginning of approaching this conversation. "I just wanted to say, I understand. I lost my father three years ago.. So if you ever wanted anyone to talk to i'm all ears." Yumeko analyzed the teacher's expression, he seemed genuine. But she hated the fact he brought it up here out of all places. Keeping her compose, she responded with a weak smile and thank you, and walked off to her next period.

Not paying attention, she bumped into someone who was going the same direction as her. Before processing that she dropped her things, she felt a small nudge. "Heyy, try to be more careful mkay? Are you going to English?" The girl was much shorter than Yumeko, she had hair which looked practically white. Something the raven haired teen didn't see everyday. "Hey! I don't have all day, your things are getting heavy.. why do you carry all of this anyways?" Yumeko snapped out of her thoughts, grabbing her things and quickly apologizing.

"I'm sorry.. first day you know? And yes, I have English next." Yumeko responded hastily. The shorter girl looked at Yumeko then proceeded to turn around. While walking away she pulled out a PS Vita, Yumeko hasn't seen one of those ever since she was younger. Unsure by the white haired girl's response, she headed towards the same direction as her towards their next class.

English has always been one of those subjects that she was either really good in, or really horrible at. Though this year was much different, it seemed much more easier than the previous, knowing that it wasn't her main language. She began to find herself drifting her attention from the teacher and towards the window she sat beside. The campus was eye catching, with the Japanese blossoms which bloomed early this spring. And all of the students who attended, gathered around. Even though this hasn't been the best year for the teen, she thought that maybe she could work things out.

After awhile, she then turned her attention back towards the teacher who was talking about how to form an argument. These things never truly interested her, but what could she do. The teacher then went over to her desk, taking out a clear container. 'Oh no..' Yumeko thought.

"Okay students, I realize how many of you seem to be falling asleep on me. So I figured for this lesson we should switch things up. Here I have a container with every single one of you guys' names, now I realize not everyone showed up today. But we'll make it work. I'm going to randomly draw each of you all's name, and whoever you're paired with will be your partner for this in particular discussion." After that statement was made, a few students groaned while others seemed much rather ecstatic. Yumeko found herself to feel quite anxious, she barely recognized any faces, which made her stress even more. On top of the discussion, she wasn't the best when it came to arguments or trying to get her point across. Especially not in a situation as this.

One by one, a student would get up and sit by their partner. Some got lucky and were paired with a familiar face, while others not so much. Finally, Yumeko's name was drawn. She felt her heart stop for a split second, she then found the teacher come to a pause. "Alright, so here's the deal. Like I mentioned before, not everyone came today. So in order for no one to get left out, i'll be pairing you with Yomozuki and Suzui." The teacher then directed towards where each student was. Out of all people, of course it had to be someone she ran into. But as for the boy, she felt as though she recognized him somewhere, but couldn't put the pieces together.

She made her way towards the two and sat down. The white haired girl didn't even look up to see who it was, Yumeko supposed it was because of how focused she was. The boy then looked towards Yumeko, which she noticed. After getting a good look it all came together.. 'Oh no...' She thought to herself. The brown haired boy then nervously laughed and introduced himself.

"Jabami isn't it? It's strange running into you again. It's not everyday to see someone like you come across a city like this." The boy reached out his hand, to indicate a hand greeting. Yumeko then reached out and shook it. "Yeah. It is quite strange.." the teen slightly smiled before she returned her hand and looked down at her lap. She felt bad, that night she didn't even put that number in her phone.. then again it did slip her mind after all. The shorter girl then finally spoke, this time she was eating a lollipop. "Hey so are we supposed to work on this or something?" The girl asked, still barley paying attention. "Ah no not today we ac-" The white haired girl then looked up completely and cut him off, "I was asking Jabami Ryota." She sounded quite cold with her response, which surprised Yumeko slightly. "We're supposed to just get into pairs today is all." Yumeko hesitantly said in return. The white haired girl nodded her head and proceeded to fumble with her PS Vita.

The bell finally rung and she had her next classes for the day. Compared to her first two periods, they felt dreadful, but went by pretty quickly. Which Yumeko was relieved of, though she didn't use her breaks to eat because of lack of appetite, so she felt herself become more hungry later on in the day. She finally completed her classes, and headed towards home. Though she did have a dorm, her things weren't going to come in until tomorrow so that was one thing she had to put aside.

Arriving to the house, her aunt waited outside the door. Yumeko wasn't aware on why, but then as she got closer she saw a small gift bag. Etsu walked towards Yumeko and hugged her, making the teen loose her breath. She then let go and handed her the gift. Yumeko looked up at Etsu with a confused expression, but then proceeded to open the bag. After pulling out the colored tissue paper, she came across two boxes, one was much smaller than the other. At first she was going to go for the smaller one, but Etsu suggested to go for the other. She picked up the box, it was much heavier than she guessed. Opening it, she saw a simple lipstick container. Unsure why it was as heavy as it was, she opened it up and to her surprise, it was a taser.

"Etsu! I can't carry this around, do you not know how dangerous this could be..?" Yumeko revolted.
Etsu then nervously chuckled, "Well I just thought you might need it. After all do you not know how dangerous people are? Look, listen when I tell you this. Sometimes it's better to be seen as the threat before others try to convince you that they are." Etsu then grabbed Yumeko into a hug, which was a lot more soothing then the previous. "I just want to make sure you're going to stay safe okay? I know what I do may seem impulsive, but I already lost my brother.. I wouldn't want to loose someone like you as well. So just know that I'm always here, if you ever need to talk, okay? I'm proud of you after all, i've always have been and always will be." Those words felt as if they were plowing into Yumeko's heart. She hasn't heard words like that ever since her father passed. And it hurt. She found herself slowly break down, one by one a tear trickled down her face. And now her and her aunt were sitting on their porch, comforting each other. After letting out their emotions, Etsu then broke the silence, "So uh. Do you still want that taser?" Yumeko then looked up at her with her eyes still red and puffy, and eventually laughed. "Sure, i'll take your taser." And with that a small smile came across Etsu's face.