15: Five

A few things before we start:
1. I am so bad at fight scenes, so I apologize. -__-
2. This chapter got reeeally long, but there was a lot I wanted to put into it. Also, there's only a few chapters left until the end!! :O

Before you read: I AM SO SORRY! *Lays in coffin. Wraps coffin in chains and locks it. Buries self in ground. Fills grave with cement. Prays no one can find me* 

“DROY!!” Time seemed to slow as I watched Darrick pull the trigger. I was running to my old friend even before the echoes of the shot had disappeared, along with Darrick.

I reached him just before he hit the ground, tumbling under him in an attempt to soften the fall. “Droy!” I shouted, my instincts taking over. I ripped the bottom of my shirt off and used it to try and slow the bleeding. “Droy, stay with me!”

Jet was beside me now, placing his hands over mine with a larger rag. As he took care of the wound, I put my hands on Droy’s face. “Droy,” I begged, “come on, damn it!”

“Levy,” Lucy said, sadly.

I shook my head, knowing what she was going to say. “Go get Wendy,” I told her.

“There’s nothing—”

“Get Wendy!” I shouted, feeling tears fill my eyes. “She can save him! She has to!”

“He’s gone, Levy,” Master said. “He’s already gone.”

“No.” My tears won out, running in streams down my face. “He can’t die.” I looked down at his still form, begging him again and again to open his eyes. When Jet’s hands left, I looked up, meeting his grief-stricken face. He shook his head slowly, tears soaking his own cheeks.

“Droy,” I whispered, “I’m going to get him for this. I swear, he’ll pay.” As Droy was taken into the infirmary, Jet helped me stand and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Go,” I told him, knowing he’d rather be with Droy. “I’ll be alright.”

“Levy, I’m not leaving y—”

“I’ll be alright,” I said, offering him a smile. “And I’ll be here when you get back.”

I listened to his retreating footsteps, trying to pull myself together. The building had gone eerily silent, other than the quiet sobs of our guild mates. I wiped my face and took a deep breath. I knew what I had to do, and sitting around crying wasn’t going to help anyone.

“Where are you going?” Lucy asked, following me deeper into headquarters.

“I’m not going to stay here and wait for Astaroth to come back and kill another one of my loved ones,” I snapped. I reached the supply closet and threw it open.

“You can’t go after him,” Lucy gasped, watching as I took out two of our highest-powered handguns. They had special bullets that could pierce even the toughest of demon skin. I strapped them to each of my thighs, then grabbed a larger gun and slung it across my body. The thing was nearly as long as I was, but it was light so it wouldn’t be a burden to carry.

“You’re going to get yourself killed,” she went on, angrily. “You haven’t really been in any battles in six years, Levy. This is Astaroth! You can’t beat him like this!”

“I’ll find a way to,” I told her, shoving two daggers down into my boots. I grabbed the ones coated in poison, just for good measure.

“What about Silas?” She asked, following me again as I headed back into the main room.