V: Lucien Morningstar

Much to the distaste of the parents of Inkwell, their children loved sneaking out at night. Of course, they couldn't blame them. Every adult knew better than to tell them to stop. They had the same fight with their own parents, and it had only made it more exciting. Besides, the Devil's Casino was the only place they could see the Cup brothers or the ever-popular skeleton.

Nobody knew where the dark boned skeleton had come from. Let alone who he was before he was adopted into the Devil's kingdom. It was even more confusing seeing the skeleton perform. He would join Hopus Pocus on the stage and somehow always took over the show. Doing more dangerous and more impressive tricks than even the crazed rabbit dared. Disappearing acts that stumped even the skilled magicians. Puppet shows that left the crowd in awe and storytelling that gave many nightmares. Even some of the imps admitted that they had a hard time sleeping after he was finished with his tales. The eldest Devil-Dice child seemed to be an endless pit of entertainment, but his love of singing is what brought in the crowds. To the demons and imps, he was seen as an Angel. To the patrons of the casino, he was their star. The skeleton had brought life back into the Devil's workplace, one that they didn't know was missing.

"Shut up! He's heading to the stage!" A hush fell as both the gamblers and the dealer's attention turned to a familiar cloaked figure walked through the casino- the Devil at their side, followed by the rest of their family. The teen's mismatched eyes looked out over his fans, and he smiled, that lopsided toothy grin that everyone seemed to adore.

"Lucien, we love you!" The skeleton jumped slightly from the sudden shouts of praise and shook his head as a yellow blush enveloped his skull. Six years, and he still wasn't used to people reacting to him like this. Though he didn't know why Lucien had always felt like he had better in life than what he deserved. Clearing his nonexistent throat, he took the final step into the spotlight and in front of a microphone that would broadcast his voice to every corner of his father's casino.

"1- I love you all too." Lucien's voice was little more than a whisper, but the mic still caught it, and the crowd of adoring fans went wild. The skeleton thought he saw a woman faint in the back, and he shook his head. "Alright, I've got a treat for you all tonight... 1 gu3ss. As requested last week, I'm going to be singing 'May I Have This Dance' by a nice lady that goes by the name Reinaeiry."

The skeleton filled his magical lungs as he signaled for the band to began and waited until the backup singers started their chorus before beginning.

"Heeey.~ What's a pretty thing like you doing here? Don't you know that it's dangerous to be out so late at night?~ Be careful before the night is done; you might end up on someone's plate.~ So you best be running, cause I like the chase.~" Lucien's sockets opened slowly as he lifted his skull, shooting a knowing look at a particularly nasty-looking group of item-men. The leader of the known gang members froze as they locked eyes. "I'll give you- one, two, three- a head start- four, Five, Six- Your fear's intoxicating. I don't know if this is a fair game, but you smell so good. So it's you to blame! You can try to run, it makes it all the more fun! When I finally catch up to you~ So little rabbit, do you dance? Do you? Woah!"

'Headsup!' Lucien grabbed the mic and stepped to one side just in time as a bullet flew past where his skull used to be. Blue strings pinned the shooter to their seat while their friends tried to run.

"Ah! I can't breathe, can't move, can't make a sound. Don't even know if you're right behind me. My head is heavy, and my hands are shaking. Cause I'm stuck in this hell, and there's no escaping. You move too fast while I'm stuck in slow motion! It's your world, and I'm drowning in your ocean! I didn't live this long to be your dinner! Now it's your move, dirty human killer! Ah!"

The image of their last victim popped into the gangs' heads, and they shivered.

"I'll give you one, two, three- a head start- Four, Five, Six! Your fear's intoxicating. I don't know if this is a fair game! But you smell, so good so it's you to blame! You can try to run; it makes it all the more fun when I finally catch up to you."

Lucien watched as the Devil walked up behind the small group.

"So little rabbit, do you dance. Do you? May I have this dance with you? Maybe in hell, but I won't be defeated! I'm feeling your pull, but I just won't admit it. The hunt becomes the hunter! How do you feel now you're the prey? Don't be so cocky. Just get on your knees and pray!"

Both skeleton and demon smirked as the blue strings brought the gang members to their knees.

"I'll give you one, two, three- a head start- Four five six! Your fear's intoxicating. I don't know if this is a fair game. But you smell so good, so it's you to blame! You can try to run. It makes it all the more fun. When I finally catch up to you. So little rabbit, do you dance. Say, little rabbit do you dance. Say, little rabbit do you dance. Do you?"

The crowd burst into appose and cheered for their beloved skeletal songbird; however, his sockets were locked on the soul contracts wrapped in blue, hanging just in front of the Devil. He sent his oldest son a nod of approval, and a smile made its way onto Lucien's skull. These were the Debtors that had would their sous and tried to run. They always try to run. Every debtor knows that they would be found, and yet they still ran. Three years ago, they would have gotten away, but then again, that was three years ago.

After the child was officially adopted by the Morningstar family, the skeleton was named Lucien after his new father and earned the title The Devil's Hunter by hunting down the debtors. He used his forgotten powers to take their soul contracts, wrapping each in a blue string before collecting it. At first, it scared him. It felt wrong having the ability to 'catch' contracts. Like his mind was trying to tell him something that had couldn't remember. That thought alone was more than a little frightening. Though the voices helped out with that, especially Kindness. Kindness is, as her name implies, kind. She always wished Lucien good morning or goodnight and made sure that he was okay after a fight. Though Bravery did that too, he was more of a protective brother. Sometimes he would speak outside of Lucien's thoughts and get him into trouble, though, trouble that one of the other voices almost always had to get the skeleton out of.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here." Lucien felt his father's clawed hand touched the contracts, and he let them fall loose from their strings. Instead of watching where the Devil took the gangsters, Lucien smiled at his adoring fans. Both he and his voices loved them. The fans always made them smile, even the hecklers. No matter who they were, they were his and his alone for the next half-hour, and he would answer any and every question that they could throw at him.

(Ask your questions here)