T H I R T Y F O U R

34 | The ball

I heard a knock on my door causing me to pause my movie and get up from the couch. I walked over to the door and opened it slowly. I looked around but saw no one, then i titled my head down and saw a blue box.

I picked it up and took it inside, placing it on the island in the kitchen and opened it. I saw a note and read it. It was an invite to the mikaelson ball. I flipped over the card and saw a note.

Save me a dance, love. - N. M.

I smiled without realizing it and looked at the dress. It was a beautiful light blue. On this side I noticed a silver necklace that had multiple diamonds. I stared at it in awe when my phone rang from beside me on the counter.

I pick up my phone and swipe left bringing the phone to my ear. "Hello." I smiled.

"Hello lovely, Whats got you in a good mood today?" I hear Rebekah on the other line ask. Was it the obvious?

"Uh, nothing." I reply.

"Whatever you say. Could you come by my house?" The blonde vampire asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there soon."

"Ok, see you soon." I hung up the phone and I brought my dress and necklace having a feeling the blonde wouldn't let me leave until after the party was over.

———

I walk in the mikaelson home looking for Rebekah.

"I'm in here." I hear her yell out. I walk to what I believe is the living room. "You made it. Come sit." She patted a spot next to her.

I walked over to here and took the seat next to her, she was having a girl do her nails. I looked around the room. Kol was staring at himself in the mirror, Elijah was looking at something in his hands, And Finn was getting measured.

"Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am." Kol said fixing his bow-tie.

"Oh Kol, you know I can't be compelled." She tilted her head and smirked.

Only seconds later Klaus comes barging in. "You went after Elena!" My head goes up at my cousins name. "What is wrong with you?"

"Here we go." Rebekah says getting comfy in her seat, watching her brothers actions with amusement.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatens.

"Again with the dagger threats. Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol complains turning around to face Klaus.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself." Klaus says turning to face his younger brother.

"And who are you, my father?"

"No, Kol, but your in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol says standing up now facing Klaus.

Rebekah sighs. "Boys." She mumbles to me.

"Enough." Esther says waltzing into the room. "Niklaus, come." Klaus follows her out. She stops and looks to me and gives me a smile, I smile back. She gave me an uneasy feeling.

———

"Ok, let me do your hair." Rebekah says pushing me down into the chair as she grabs the curling iron. She had earlier dragged me into her room which was already quite glamours in the last couple days of being undaggered.She hummed thinking of what she should do. "Got it."