What To Do To Protect You

Amelia's POV

Its been 2 days since my recovery. Luckily, my injuries weren't major. The car had stopped after bumping me, only hitting me to the ground. My head bled a lot, but it really wasn't that bad. We still had 3 days to ourselves. I got discharged and Arizona and I immediately went back to the hotel. I probably needed to tell Meredith and Maggie the truth by now. I've already said I loved Arizona and they don't even know I'm dating her. I need to say something. As Arizona leaves to go to the bathroom, I quickly pull out my phone to call Meredith. It might not be the best time, but I needed to tell her now.

"Amelia? Why are you calling? And are you okay? You look horrible," She answered worriedly.

"I...I'm dating someone. And before you jump to conclusions, I'm not on drugs. It's Arizona. I love her. So much. And if you're not okay with that, I'll have no problem in getting away from you for the rest of my life." I say, super straightforward.

"I know, Amelia." She looked into my eyes. How?

"So.. you're okay with it?" I ask.

"Yes. I'll be the one to tell Maggie, don't worry she had no idea. Just, what happened to you?" She asks me.

"Arizona and I were fighting over babies. About... having kids. I was scared to have one again. I'm afraid to have them again. And... I got hurt. She was telling me to stop. That's all I remember. Next thing I know, I got hit by a car. But it stopped after just bumping me. It's just minor injuries, really." I explain. "I know this is a lot to take in right now, but I have to go. I love you, Mer."

"I love you too, Amelia." She says over the phone as I hang up. I turn around finding Arizona sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Hey," She says with sad eyes.

"Hey,"

"So I guess you told Meredith," She smiles sadly, looking anywhere but my eyes.

"Yeah, she's my sister. And I love her. So, I have to." I crawl over to her. She's still looking down, but with tears in her eyes. Did I say something wrong?

"It's nice to have somebody," She says, sadly.

"Arizona, what's wrong? Sweetie?" I wrap my arms around her, trying to make her face me.

"Well, I just found out my best friend died today." My heart dropped into a bottomless pit of sadness. "Nick died," She said, giving me eyes that had belonged to no soul. I hugged her tight, trying to prevent more tears from leaving her eyes.

"I love you, I love you so much... Arizona." I whisper in her ear, rubbing her back and trying to help her calm down. But nothing worked.

Sometimes when you think of everything, and do everything, it all comes out as nothing.