Chapter 8 - Coping

Hope POV

I let out a groan after finishing, throwing up my lovely meal, placing myself on the floor in the bathroom. Clint walked in with a sympathetic smile. "You ok?" He asked, approaching me. "Kinda." I mumbled.

Clint let out a sigh, crouching in front of me. "I'm worried about you, Hope. I'm struggling to leave you alone at the moment."Please don't get distracted, Clint. Not when you're out there." I whimpered.

"I won't, I promise. You 2 are my motivation to be strong out there if it gets too tough." He honestly answered, helping me up on my feet, keeping a hand on my hip, steadying me.

"I just -" he stopped staring me in the eyes. "I just want to make sure you're looking after yourself. Hope, if you need me. Don't hesitate. I can't stand the thought of leaving you and making you feel alone or..." I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, leaning the side of my head to the chest. "I love you." I whispered. Clint arms tightened around my body, kissing the top of my head. "I love you too."

Ramond POV

"Any luck?" I asked Ellie. She shook her head no. "I'm gonna spend some time with Hope alone, mother and daughter time see what's on her mind." She said as I slowly nodded my head. "Probably misses Clint." I shrugged my shoulders.

Ellie then squinted her eyes at me as I raised an eyebrow. "What?"Have you purposely been putting Clint on longer shifts? As far as I know, we haven't had much threat recently." "Exactly, that's why." I chuckled as Ellie wasn't finding it amusing.

She crossed her arms at me. "Ramond!" "Ok fine! Maybe I have been over working him... but Ellie, you seriously -" "That is her MATE, you can't stop it, Ramond. So I want you to get other men to cover like Nick! or I will personally do it myself!" She spat storming away.

Justin POV

"How are you-" he smacked the boxing bag harder. "Handling it -" he gave it a good kick, seeing the anger clear on his face. "Xander?"

The boxing bag broke in half, exploding. "I see...." I mumbled as he was pacing back and forwards. "Does he know..." I lowly said.

Xander looked me dead in the eye, breathing heavily. "No, I ran away before he noticed me. He's nothing but a human. He won't understand." He spat grabbing his water bottle and taking a harsh swig.

"Have you tried to -" "I don't want to, Justin! I'm straight, ok?"Hey man, it's ok to be confused. No one gonna judge. "Oh yeah, because having a gay Alpha makes you seem intimidated to others' packs." He spat and threw his bottle across the gym. The bottle completely exploded against the wall.

"Xander -" "I need a run, I'm sorry, but if I stay, I will hurt you." He said.

I could see how tensed his body was. He's really had riled his wolf as he stormed out the building.