one.

01 — reunions.

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE since Ava had sat peacefully in a room with the Avengers — or, well, what was left of them.

After... well — the snap had happened, it had taken the remainders of the team two days to find Ava. Which wasn't necessarily their fault. After all, Pietro had taken many things into account so that they wouldn't be found by Secretary Ross.

They had — for lack of a better word — disappeared.

But one of the most important things to keep up when disappearing is to never stop moving. Pietro had always made sure to never stay in one place too long — and they had already been in that house for a day and a half.

And so they were caught. They being said very loosely.

By 'they,' it means Ava was caught, curled up against the wall, staring at the place where Pietro had lay, falling apart in her arms.

Ricky had never come back.

Ava didn't want to come to the conclusion that he was gone, too. And he had been alone when it supposedly happened.

She tried not to think about it.

Fortunately, it wasn't Secretary Ross or his men that found Ava. It was none other than Captain America himself — he had to know whether they were gone or not. And as glad as he was that Ava was okay, he couldn't help but feel the remorse strike through him as he saw her eyes full of tears.

She had lost too much — but Thanos had taken the one thing Ava had finally regained... he stole her family.

Steve knew that Ava would never let that slide.

༻✦༺

AVA'S REUNION WITH THOR WAS not under the circumstances either of them had hoped for. Both had lost more than they could express — and it had been a long time since they had last seen one another. Which became increasingly clear as Thor looked down to the taller girl he adored.

Before he left Earth, he'd built a connection with Ava — and while they weren't the closest, the time they'd spent together was important to the both of them.

After all, it's not every day you get carried around by the God of Thunder!

Thor was reminded of the wonders it was to be a child — he was reminded of the childhood he shared with Loki, a brother who he had lost too many times.

Ava knew she could trust Thor.

Despite the differences in both of them from the time they'd spent apart — Ava's sunken face, and Thor's discoloured eye... what a pair they were! — the two felt the same immediate connection they had all that time ago. It was refreshing to know that they weren't alone in a world where they had lost everyone. After all, if anybody knew what it was like to lose people, it'd be this duo.

"Five," said Thor, an unmistakeable sense of relief in his voice, as a hint of a smile appeared on his face... barely traceable, but there.

"Actually- it's Ava, now." she responded, her tone as light as she could manage. It really had been a long time since the two had seen each other — but even with that knowledge, Thor just smiled, a twinkle in his eye that made Ava's heart lighten the slightest bit.