Chapter 4: Caiaphas

The rain lightly poured in the Turkish forest. Dark figures moved between the trees, as if they were spirits. Archer crouch-walked from behind a pine tree and unsheathed his Ka-Bar combat knife. He eyed the mercenaries that patrolled below the small cliff that him and his team was perched apon. Archer looked over to Bandit, who also had his knife drawn. Bandit gave Archer the nod and the team slid down the small, but steep hill. Archer overpowered one of mercs and inserted his knife directly into his throat. The merc violently shook and thrashed, but eventually perished. Archer removed the knife and wiped the blood off on his sweater.

"Welcome to the CIA." Archer smirked, referring to the fact that the operators was now temporary 'CIA contractors' due to the deniability of the mission.

The team snuck to the edge of the treeline that revealed the airbase, suspected to be set up by the SRF. Archer laid prone under a pine tree and flipped the bipod out on his MK12 Mod 1 and looked down the magnified scope. Mira laid next to him and looked through a pair of binoculars. "That's a lot of hired guns." Mira noted, "There's activity near the An-12."

Archer sighted in the Russian cargo plane. "Got it." Most of the equipment was Russian in origin. This wasn't good. The SRF was a Russian-based terror group, but it's pretty strange for them to have so much high-grade equipment. Most American PMCs don't have this level of gear, except for 'Cold Harbor', a private military company currently operating in Iraq, Syria, and Yemen. It was also really bold of the SRF to set up in Turkey with all of these high-grade assets. "Alright, you guys know the plan. Get any information about the SRF or the stolen gas from Limonov, terminate, and clear the site."

"Sounds easy enough." Bandit added, "Let's bag em'."

Archer shifted his view to the inside of the An-12. He spotted the gray painted container with a red spray-painted skull and cross bones symbol. It was the gas. "Hold up. That's it, that's the gas."

"Well good, mission accomplished. Let's secure it." Glaz said as he casually got up, as if he would secure it himself.

"That's not all of it." Archer noticed, "There were three canisters stolen and that's only one. We have to secure it before that plane takes off." Archer got up with his team following behind him.

The team came to the outer perimeter gate that was locked shut by a padlock. Mira pulled out a pair of bolt cutter from the back of her plate carrier and chopped the lock clean off. "Weapons free on my mark." Archer ordered, with the team nodding back. The team spread out and took cover behind shipping crates and other objects. Archer sighted a SRF soldier and put the crosshairs over his head. He squeezed the trigger and the bullet drilled into his skull. "Now!"

Gunfire erupted between the two groups. Hearing the commotion, Limonov sprinted to the An-12. Limonov climbed into the cockpit and yelled at the pilots, "Get us out of here!" The pilots started the lift-off procedures and started up the engines. Limonov walked back to the cargo bay and watched the SRF troopers being killed, one by one.

Archer swapped magazines and saw the An-12 starting to take off.

"Archer! Get in!" Mira shouted from thr drivers seat of a pick-up truck, with Glaz sitting in the passenger seat.

Archer jumped into the bed of the truck and looked over to Thatcher and Bandit, who had the same idea of stealing a truck. Archer banged on the roof of the truck, singaling that he was set. Mira floored it. throwing Archer on his back. "Damn!" Archer cursed as he got back into a firing position.

The An-12 rear ramp was dragging against the asphalt and creating sparks. Two SRF soldiers opened fire on the CIA operators that chased them. Archer managed to hit one of them, but was thrown off aim by Mira swriving the truck. "It's about to take off!" Archer shouted to Mira and Glaz in the cab.