Chapter 17: 𝒯𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝒰𝓅 ℐ𝓃 𝒯𝒽𝑒 ℬ𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉

𝒩𝑜𝓇𝒶 𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒

"What the hell do you mean 'we're all gonna die'?" I asked, a growl sipping from my throat as I watched Zecchia mess around Hamish's bar. She picked up a bottle, nearly knocking Wilma over. "Watch it." I snarled, going to stand up again. Hamish held me down again, gave a sigh, and made his way over to the bar.

He removed the bottle from Zecchia's hand and picked Wilma up, placing her on one of the tables nearby. Before much else could happen, the door to the den swung open, and in walked a tall, blonde, and very confused girl. Horror instantly filled her face upon seeing Zecchia devouring more cherries. "That doesn't look like our weapons, you idiots!" She hissed, looking the Knights over, her eyes narrowing further when they landed on Jack. I stood, wincing at the pain that shot through my skull, making my way to Hamish's side.

"What weapons?" I grumbled, looking the girl over. She did the same. "Can someone please tell me what is going on?"

"Holy shit--you're kidding me right?" The girl asked, snapping right back to Jack. "First you steal the sickles, then you summon a demon, and now you're harboring one of the Order's most wanted traitors?" Jack and the others looked a little confused.

"Uh--"

"Excuse me?" I hissed, taking a step forward. She stood her ground, though I could see the slight fear in her eyes.

"You're Nora Stone--"

"I know, thank you. How do you know me?" She looked from me to Jack then back to me.

"The Silent Sisters came looking for you two years ago. You're a werewolf and you killed a practitioner and innocent people--" I laughed, startling the girl.

"Hardly. When you met the Silent Sisters they weren't in their right minds--" Zecchia chuckled at this, making us look back to her. "What?" I growled, 100% done with the demon.

"I just admire Melech's work--of course he couldn't have done it with the help of that pretty little stone shoved up your hide." My blood went cold. Shit...

"You have the Mind's Eye?" Hamish asked calmly. Too calmly. Before I could face him, Mavis spoke.

"We-we kidnapped Jason." Oh god. This just keeps getting better and better. I looked to Mavis just in time to find Chole slap her upside the head. "Ow."

"This really just keeps getting better and better." The blonde girl said as Jack grabbed hold of her arm. They made their way upstairs.

"Where is he?" I asked, hoping Hamish would leave the topic of the Mind's Eye alone. Mavis looked to Chole and Randall, who shrugged. 

"Might as well tell her since you're already started snitching," Chole said, crossing her arms. Mavis went to argue with Chole, but upon seeing the look on my face--which was one of pure annoyance--she stopped.

"In the basement."

"This basement?" Hamish asked, to which they all nodded. "Great." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Why?" Mavis continued to look guilty while Chole started getting angry. Randall looked to the two, seeing if they would answer. "Why?" I asked again, firmer this time.

"Cosmos." As soon as Mavis said the name, she switched from being passive to all-out pissed. "Because you don't ever talk to us! Because I needed to know why the Silent Sisters want my hide so bad!" To say I wasn't taken back by her sudden outburst would be a lie. She had never, never shouted at me like this before. I stood there, shocked, for a second.