just a scene ( finn )

"BIG DAY TODAY HUH?" i asked my brother josh in excitement. today he'd be shooting his own film, and luckily for me i'd be introduced to people i've been dying to meet.

"yes ma'am!" he replied jokingly. "i'm glad i have your support."

"of course," i smiled.

it was a busy day so i wasn't surprised when our brother and sister moment got interrupted by a phone call, which josh was quick to take. he walked towards his bedroom while talking to someone on the phone and closed the door behind him when he finally got there. even from the dining room though, i could hear josh yelling on the phone from within his bedroom. 

somethings i made out from the conversation was; 'what do you mean you're sick?' and 'well what am i gonna do now?'.

 i inferred that someone had bailed on him and made up an excuse as to why they wouldn't show for filming.

minutes later, josh came stopping down the hallway before dramatically approaching me and saying, "we've got a problem."

"what's up?" i asked, although i heard him literally shouting from his room.

"you know how there's supposed to be a couple in my film, right? well, ann literally backed out of playing beatrice for no legitimate reason," he huffed. "i don't know where i can find another actress on such short notice."

i smiled widely before almost literally shouting, "i'll do it! it can't be that hard right?" 

he thought to himself for a while before shrugging. there was no way he'd say no to me."alright but there's gonna be a kissing scene-"

"josh, please. a kiss is no big deal, okay?" 

"okay fine. when your partner arrives, i'll introduce you to him. just study this script alright?" he said nonchalantly before handing me a stapled stack of papers. i smiled mentally while jogging back to my room in excitement.

after an hour i successfully memorized my script. it wasn't difficult to, mostly since the film was going to be more action than dialogue. i continued to go over lines until i heard a knock on the door. i assumed it was josh so i carelessly opened the door open only for my jaw to drop.

"hi i-i'm finn," he stuttered. "i'm gonna be your partner if it's okay with you."

my heart dropped before words started to fall out of my mouth uncontrollably. "uh y-yes of course it's okay! i just d-didn't know it was gonna be you.... uh, wanna practice before filming starts?"

"sure, i'd love to," he replied.

within an hour i was more nervous about my performance on the film than kissing finn for it, and to be honest, i wasn't really nervous about that either. 

during the short time i got to practice lines with finn, i learned that he was no more than what i expected; sweet, funny, and crazy handsome in person. i was thrilled to have my lips on his despite being so nervous earlier.

"hey josh just texted me that the shoot's gonna begin in a few minutes, so let's get going, yeah?" finn said. i agreed and in no longer than sixty seconds we're already among my brother, enya, drew, josiah, and a few other friends.

the whole film itself was pretty great as it was going, all until the part where i had to kiss finn. the butterflies in my stomach rapidly fluttered as the seconds gone by and soon his face was merely inches from mine.

i thought i could handle it like a bad bitch, but clearly i could not.

 he looked at me, his soft hand caressing my warm cheek as he smiled, "are you ready y/n?"

i gulped. "y-yeah, let's just do this since everyone's looking at us."

with no time wasted i felt finn's soft lips touch mine, moving so gently the endorphine rushing throughout my body made me forget we were on camera. i placed my hands on the back of his head, pulling him in closer which he did not reject; instead, he deepend the kiss-- biting my lip for my mouth to open which allowed for the entrance of his tongue.

softly our tongues caressed one another's, it was so passionate that this kissing scene could've been real.

"and...cut!" i hear josh yell. 

snapping from my trance, i quickly pull away from finn to see his lips red and plumped and his face well blushed.

"good job y/n," he chuckled. i giggled back. "you too finn."