jackbox flirting

this is what i imagined their texts were after the jackbox stream and dream's tweet earlier that day.

December 1st, 2020

_____

"Alright, g'night guys," Karl said leaving the call.

Karl had finally ended his stream and George knew it was time to take care of the egging thought in the back of his mind. The one thing that had been bothering him though all the jokes and throughout the night.

He left the call as well, opened up his discord, and opened his and Dream's personal messages, trying one out and sending it before he could think otherwise, much less finish it.

> I've told you dream I'm not

Before he could type the next part, a response appeared in the chat.

>> not what

George couldn't hold it in; his fingers whirled on the keyboard. He let everything out everything he had been holding back the last few days. He sent his message:

> GAY. I'm not gay dream. You keep making all these moves and the way you act... It's more than usual. I know it's a joke and we both do it but it's too much for two guys that are just friends. You said it yourself in your tweet we aren't dating. We've gone over it a thousand times about where our relationship stands. The jokes are just jokes, Dream.

His phone buzzed after a few more seconds.

>> is that really how you feel

George blinked. Dream had never gone this far. He didn't know how to react. It was different; not what he expected. It wasn't the usual, "okay okay im sorry," or the, "come on george take a joke"

> Dream

>> is that how you feel about me

> Yes.

George got up, a huff of air escaping though his lips. Why was Dream being like this? He stretched, pushed his chair in, and was about to leave the whole desk entirely when he saw another message.

>> then why do you joke back

Slightly furious, he sat back down.

> What

>> why do you play along
why do you flirt back

> I don't flirt dream

>> you're avoiding the question

If this was a real conversation in real life, George would be stuttering trying to come up with a good reply.

>> you enjoy it

> I don't

His fingers whriled over the keys.

>> you do

> I told you i'm not gay

>> neither am i

> Why are you pushing this
Why are you trying to make something out of nothing
We've never talked about it like this before
Where did this come from

>> nothing?
why are you suddenly acting like this isn't something we both equally take part in
something we both think about
something we both avoid

> I'm not

>> you're avoiding it right now

> What do you want me to say dream

>> i want you to admit it

George began to type.

>> not that you're gay

He stopped typing.

>> but that you do feel something

George sat, hands frozen, hovering over the letters on the set up below his chest.

>> i feel something george

He gulped, all his fear and anger washing away like a cool summer rain and being replaced with timidness and longing.

>> what are you scared of?

> I
I don't know

He was being honest. How could he know? Out of nowhere Dream just decided to spring this on him. They- they always denied it to each other. They always told themselves it was different. Why did Dream suddenly want it to change?

>> so you do feel something

This was becoming all too much for George. His mind was spinning and this body felt lost and confused.

> Dream just stop

>> okay