greetings from hell and the road to rebellion

—————

—————

jaemin lies listlessly in a field of flowers, as he gazed up at the clouds in the sky. donghyuck and mark weren't here to entertain him today, and he's already done everything he's thought of. he climbed a tree and watched the sunrise. he made a flower crown for himself. he danced in the field to a song in his mind. heck, he even pulled out the lyre his mother gifted him ages ago and plucked its stiff strings in hopes to cure his boredom. but, to no avail.

and now, he's just quietly tracing the clouds with a raised finger pointed up at the sky, watching as the shapes gradually morph and change with every minute that passes.

"meow." jaemin whips his head to the side to meet face to face with the same mismatched eyes from the night before. he grins at the pleasant surprise, his mother's warnings from before completely slipping his mind at the sight of the cat.

"you came back!" he exclaims joyfully, petting its head gently. "how did you find me, hm?"

the cat only meows in response, as it climbed onto jaemin's chest and proceeded to curl up on it.

jaemin chuckles lightly, "it would be nice to be able to understand you, little one, but this'll have to do." he curls his fingers against the cat's chin, causing it to purr lowly. "i hope you don't mind keeping me company for a bit. i'm feeling quite lonely today."

the cat brushes its head onto jaemin's knuckles, and jaemin guesses that was a yes. so, he goes on talking about his day. about how he watched the sunrise, and how he made the very flower crown he was wearing. he talked and talked until he got to the topic of his mother.

"i love her, i do, but i feel like there's so much more i can do other than prancing around in a field of flowers, you know? she doesn't really like me associating with other gods and only lets me talk to the nymphs and satyrs that live here. it's not like i don't like the nymphs or the satyrs either, because they're wonderful...i just wish i could find someone i could relate to." jaemin let's out a heavy sigh, closing his eyes to just recollect his thoughts once more. to be fair, it was nice to get that off his chest, even if he wasn't going to get much of a response anyways.

"you know, i kind of want to meet one of the other gods one day. or go on an adventure beyond my mother's land. it gets quite lonesome here when the others are gone." he says, his tone gone soft but honest.

jaemin didn't really know how long this was going last. him staying in this eternal 'paradise', that is. hell, elysium was probably better than this. if his mother was going to be like this for the rest of his life, would he even be able to do what he wants for a change?

the cat meowed softly before jaemin felt its tongue swipe across his cheek. he cracked one of his eyes open to meet with the cat's eyes. the mismatched purple and grey left him mesmerized. it wasn't everyday you'd see someone with heterochromia, much less a cat with it.