Chapter 39. The Letter ☾

A/N: I don't own anything but the plot and everything else belongs to J.K Rowling.

Remus and Dragon strolled down Diagon Alley. They were making good time until Dragon suddenly stopped in front of the Quidditch Supply Store. Remus looked over at him, annoyed.

"Come on, Dragon. We don't have time for this." Remus complained. Dragon whined, but relented and began to walk again.

They came to Gringotts and Remus walked up to the head goblin.

"My name is Remus Lupin, and I am here to hear the reading of the wills of James and Lily Potter." Remus demanded. Dragon nodded his head in agreement. The goblin looked up.

"Finally. We were wondering when someone would come in demanding to read that will." The goblin grumbled. He looked from Remus to Dragon. "However, I only see two of the three parties needed to read the will."

Remus looked confused. "Who is the last party?" Maybe they had added Pettigrew or Harry in the will.

The goblin looked down at his notes. He had just happened to be working through unread wills that day to catalogue them, and the Potter's will was one of the few he had just read. He cleared his throat. "One Severus Snape." Remus' eyes widened. Dragon choked. "I'm afraid he must be here for the will to be read."

Remus looked thoughtful for a moment. "We'll be right back." Remus dragged Dragon to the floo. He called Severus Snape's office, Hogwarts. They arrived quickly, but did not see Snape. Dragon, knowing he was safe here, transformed back into Sirius.

"No." Sirius said forcefully. Remus rolled his eyes.

"You wanted the will read. To have the will read, he needs to be there. Hence, we need to bring him back with us." Remus argued. Before he could add anything else, Snape walked into his office. He saw the two intruders and glared.

"What are you two imbeciles doing in my office?" Snape barked, clearly annoyed. "I had hoped for a marauder free summer."

"I again offer my objection." Sirius said back to Remus. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Severus, now is not the time to rehash our past grievances. We realized that James and Lily's will was never read..." Remus started. Severus rolled his eyes.

"And that has what to do with me?" Severus interrupted.

"Well," Remus continued, "apparently, all parties must be in attendance for it to be read. You just happen to be the one party missing from our group."

"You're saying Potter added me in his will?" Severus asked incredulously.

"Apparently," Sirius spit.

"This is the Potter's will. Lily was a Potter. I would assume it was her influence in the writing of the will that had them include you." Remus argued logically. Snape sighed. He looked consideringly.

"No, you are obviously tricking me. Now that you two are back in action, I should expect this to occur more often." Snape drawled. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"As much as I would love to say this is a joke, it's not Snape." Sirius replied. The man in question glared and seemed unconvinced.

"The answer is still no." Snape decided.

"You're not even curious to see why Lily added you in their will?" Remus asked convincingly.

"I know I am." Sirius quipped. Snape looked down at his desk. Sirius huffed and his patience wore out. Sirius looked over at Remus. Remus caught the look in his eyes and agreed. They both descended on Snape and grabbed him by the arms, dragging him to the floo. Sirius grabbed some floo powder and called out "Gringotts".